What is the Earliest I Can Have Botox After CO2 Laser Treatment?

I have had my second CO2 laser treatment on Monday 12th November. I had my botox and fillers booked for Friday 16th November however they are now saying they will not do it as it is too soon. When is the earliest I could have the botox. I get married on 24th and really need it done before then.

Get Botox before CO2

+3

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

In general, I also always recommend pre-treating with Botox (get your Botox BEFORE the CO2).

It will relax the muscles, so while you are healing from the CO2 the muscles will remain relaxed, and you will get a better result from your CO2.

If you get Botox 4 days after the CO2, you will still be swollen and risk that the Botox migrates.

I don't recommend that the CO2 be done so close to your wedding.  This is a major resurfacing procedure.  It is unlikely but there is a risk of prolonged redness or infection.

Botox and fillers a month before your wedding is reasonable, but I wouldn't even recommend Botox/fillers less than a month before your wedding.  Complications even such as a big bruise are rare but would be a big bummer on your wedding day.  Best wishes.

Newport Beach Dermatologist

Botox after CO2 laser

+3

I have no problem performing Botox or fillers after lasers, including CO2 as long as it's 24 hours in between, either pre or post. Other places have different protocols though, so it will be up to each office. My other question, quite frankly though, is are you want to your CO2 that close to your wedding??? Depending on the depth and treatment it can take awhile to heal, and most of the time higher settings are used on subsequent procedures. Did you verify with the office that they thought this was a good idea? Personally, I'd skip the CO2 and do the fillers and Botox instead.

Botox Combined with CO2 Laser (Before and After)

+3

When performing CO2 laser skin resurfacing, I prefer to inject Botox during the pre-procedure visit, up to a week before the CO2 laser. Botox given before the CO2 laser relaxes the muscles which cause the lines and creases before the new collagen forms during the healing from the laser.

Without Botox before the CO2 laser, I can see lines and creases forming in the newly healing skin in the days after the procedure.

However, I believe that Botox is safe after CO2 laser to the face, usually after the initial healing in done (3-5 days).

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox after CO2

+2

First of all, do you remember how raw or swollen you were after your first CO2 treatment and how many days it took you to recover? it sounds like your'e cutting it quite close to your big wedding day!

I recommend having your Botox done before the procedure, and your fillers done after, as we are unsure as to how the laser light may break down the filling material. Wait until your face and skin is fully healed (I generally recommend at least 3 weeks). 

Botox after CO2 laser

+2

Different doctors will have different preferences in how long they would recommend waiting to have Botox after a CO2 laser treatment.  My opinion is that it would be fine to have the Botox treatment at any time after the laser.  If your physician does not want to perform the Botox treatment at this time (before your wedding), I would check with another physician to see if it could be done now elsewhere.

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and CO2 Laser

+1

Thank you for your question. If you're skin is still healing from the CO2, I would wait before doing any further injectables. Also, injectables, especially fillers can cause bruising  up to 2 weeks, which should not be done just before your wedding. Any treatment you get done should be done under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for best and safest results.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Botox and laser treatments

+1

It's best to consult with both practitioners when trying to determine time frames for Botox and then skin treatment. Typically, it's safe to have your Botox prior to a facial procedure like CO2 laser, around two weeks prior.

Botox and CO2 laser

+1

I prefer to do Botox before CO2 laser as I think you'll have better results with your laser treatment. If however the Botox is done afterwards, I'd wait 7-10 days after the laser for any swelling to go down first.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

It depends

+1

This is a very good question and in a nutshell it all depends on how swollen you are and how quickly that goes down. Also, remember botox does not kick in immediately so keep that in mind as well. Congrats on your wedding.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon