Do I NEED Surgery on my Saggy Breasts? Is There Alternative Treatment? (photo)

I've always been complemented on them, I've mostly liked them. Recently I have noticed them heading south and going tubular. I'm 5'4, UK10 -14 . I have always had a 34 back, and changed between E F G when I was larger. D cup at 13! I always get bra marks even after being fitted -I go to a well respected store. My boobs look good in non wired bikini. I don't wear bras to bed, if I do it hurts, I go days without bras for comfort-in house. Get sore back, and have bad posture, I'm only 25, 0 kids!

Breast Lift

+1

It sounds like you are not really ready for surgery. My suggeston would be to wait until you are certain that surgery is right for you.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with or without an implant would be of benefit

+1

I think you would like the results of breast lift and areolar size reduction. Breast implants would help fill out the upper pole of the breast and give you a more youthful appearance.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Do I NEED Surgery on my Saggy Breasts? Is There Alternative Treatment? (

+1

I think you could use a breast lift with reduction of your nipple areolar complex.  If you wanted more volume then you could get an implant at the same time.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

+1

It sounds like you are comfortable in your own skin. If you can accept having scars then you could contemplate surgery, otherwise you should leave them alone until you have gone through pregnancy.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Treatment Options for Breast Ptosis

+1

Based on the pictures you provided there are multiple ways to address your current situation should you choose. Keep in mind these suggestions are soley based on the pictures you provided and any surgical planning should be done after a consultation and evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Your options are as follows should you choose: 

-You are currently a candidate for a breast lift (vertical short scar lift).  This will address the ptosis of the breast as well as the size of the nipple areolar complex. You will not have the fullness along the upper aspect of the breast like you would with utilizing an implant.

-Should you want to minimze the size of the breast, a reduction would be your option. This will utilize a vertical lift as well to tighten the lower aspect of the breast and narrow the size of the areola as well as minimizing the size of the breast. Again, you will not have the fullness along the upper aspect of the breast similar to utilizing an implant.

-A third option would be a breast augmentation with lift. This will add volumme to the breast as well as resizing the areola.

Any of these would be suitable surgical options should you choose. Make sure that you set up a consultatiuon with a board certified plastic surgeon.

I hope this helps you and good luck

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS

Treatment for sagging breasts

+1

Hello. Your breasts are normal for their size but if you do have concerns with the sagging then a mastopexy would be your best option. If you feel they are too large then a reduction may be a consideration as well. It is best to schedule a consultation and discuss your goals with a plastic surgeon to help you decide what would be best if anything.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Surgery Is Optional

+1
Whether you have breast surgery or not is a personal choice and decision. Your breasts are normal.  If you would like to improve the shape, a lift would help.  An augmentation would fill up the upper poles and give the breast a rounder look.  All procedures have pros and cons. You should seek an in personal consultation to better understand your motivations and desires. All the best.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for breast procedure

+1

Thank you for the question as well as your photos.  You do not necessarily need treatment on your breasts.  However, given your concerns, there are treatment options for you, all of which are surgical.  Given the larger size of your breasts, it is not uncommon to experience symptoms as though which you describe.  The appearance and progression of the signs are common.  In order to restore the upper pole volume of your breasts along with repositioning and reducing the size of your nipple-areolar complex, you may consider a breast lift to accomplish this.  Since you are complaining of shoulder grooving of your bra straps, back pain, and poor posture, you may also consider reducing the size of your breasts at that time as well, if you wouldn't mind being a little bit smaller.  Your symptoms and signs that you are concerned about likely worsen over time, thus a consultation with a plastic surgeon to assist you in deciding which procedure(s) would be right for you is recommended to achieve your desires.  Hope that this helps!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. You certainly do a nice job demonstrating your concerns in the photographs.

There is no “alternative” treatment besides surgery to address your concerns. Breast lifting and/or augmentation may be necessary to achieve your goals,  depending on exactly what your goals are.

Many patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

You may benefit from in-person consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients and your situation. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and educate yourself about the potential risk/complications associated with breast surgery. You may find the attached link helpful to you in this regard.

Breast lift?

+1

If you are not happy that your breasts sag a bit and are not as full, then a breast lift operation may be the right solution.  Best to be evaluated in person.