Can I Have Silikon Injections to Add Volume Below the Nose Tip?

I had a bad rhinplasty which left me with many iregularaties, i have depressions just below the tip, can silikon 1000 be used to add violume in the columella region? My scar did not heal after open rhinoplasty and left a rough edge, can silikon 1000 be used to add volume here? Also how do surgeons prevent accidental over injection? Do you have special needles? Thanks

Silikon to Correct Nasal Shape

+1

Silicone injections into the nose can be performed but I typically use a temporary filler first, to make sure the result is what the patient wants. If the patient is happy with the result and wants a permanent filler Silikon can be used in many instances. There are potential risks with permanent fillers that your physician will need to discuss with you however. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Silicone to Correct Nasal Tip Irregularities

+1

Silicone can be used to correct irregularities you are describing. It is a great filler for the non-surgical rhinoplasty as it is precise and permanent. There are only a handful of board-certified physicians experienced in using silicone as a filler and make sure to consult with one of them. Your questions about preventing over-injection and needles can be answered during a consultation. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD