What rhinoplasty procedure? Open or closed? Only rasping? Osteomies? (photo)

I love my nose from the front view. But my side profile I don't like. Iam worried that a rhinoplasty will ruin the way it looks from the front. I just have a small hump Which I want removed, and maybe the overall projection to be a bit smaller. But I want it to be very subtle. So that it's not obvious I have had anything done. Could you please give me some advice relating to this after reviewing my photos. Thanks

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal with closed techniques

+1

Closed rhinoplasty techniques can accomplish  your goals of hump removal. Osteotomies will be required along the bridge line to prevent an open roof deformity and narrow the bridge. Some minor tip adjustments may also be necessary in addition to releasing the depressor septi ligament. For many examples, please see the link below  to our closed rhinoplasty photo gallery.

What rhinoplasty procedure would be necessary?

+1

It is possible to improve the nose without making changes to the appearance of the frontal view. After reducing the nasal hump, osteotomies would likely be necessary to prevent an open roof deformity from occurring. An in-person exam would be necessary to determine the proper approach for your surgery (open vs. closed). In general, an open procedure allows the surgeon to get a better look at the inside of the nose, and is preferred for a more complex surgery. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will evaluate your nose in person and provide you with suggestions. Subtle changes can be made to the nose that lead to a natural result. The goal is to create a nose that is in harmony with your facial features and complements the face. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.     

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nasal Profile

+1

Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for a Rhinoplasty.  An exam is needed to determine closed or open.  You will need osteotomies to achieve the desired result.  The nose can be greatly improved without changing the frontal view.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that does a lot of Rhinoplasty procedures for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

What rhinoplasty procedure? Open or closed? Only rasping? Osteomies?

+1

A closed rhinoplasty can be used to produce the changes you suggest without altering the front appreciably.  The change can be subtle and natural.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Improving Nasal Profile

+1

The  hump of bone and cartilage can be removed without changing your frontal view. This can be achieved with a closed approach; osteotomies will be necessary. Select an experienced surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery. 

Dorsal hump reduction during rhinoplasty

+1

With the amount of height that has to be removed from your bridge to create a straight profile, you will likely need osteotomies to close the subsequent gap it creates in between your nasal bones (open roof deformity).  Depending on the degree of de-projection desired, both closed and open approaches would be reasonable.  For significant deprojection an open approach would be superior.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD