Will Rhinoplasty/Liposuction/Chin Implant Improve my Profile and Ugly Neck? (Photo)

I have an under developed lower jaw and a slight overbite. I feel like i have no definition between my neck and jaw, to make it worse i don't have a very attractive nose, it has un ugly hump and i don't feel it fits my face. My lacking of a jaw line and chin only makes my nose look worse. Are there any procedures that would improve this? Liposuction, chin implant, rhinoplasty? I have no self confidence at all, i am 19 and rarely even go out due to how i look!

Improving the appearance of the profile

+2

A conservative rhinoplasty would improve the appearance of your nose, and liposuction of the neck area with a small chin implant would greatly enhance your profile and I think you would be really happy with the end result. If you wish to have any surgery performed, I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified facial plastic surgeon who is a rhinoplasty specialist and has a great deal of experience. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck!

Liposuction of the neck improvement in neck profile

+2

At your age and with good skin elasticity liposuction of the neck may be all you need to improve your profile.  Your nose appears to be fine.   Stick with the easy things such as liposuction which can be done under local anesthesia and has limited risks.  

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+2

A rhinoplasty would involve shaving a small hump down from the bridge and  subsequently narrowing the bridge to prevent an open roof. Any other tip   adjustments can be performed same time if needed.  A chin implant would also required to give more projection to the underdeveloped mandible. The chin implant is placed  through a submental incision and placed  directly over the bone. A conservative amount of liposuction can be performed in the neck just to get a little more   jawline definition. 4 examples of this combination please see our link below.

Rhinoplasty Chin Implant and Liposuction

+2

Before answering your question accurately, a side photograph in a true Frankfurt Zhorizontal, meaning your chin tilted up a little more would be helpful. With your head tilted down as it is, it is difficult to say whether you need liposuction. You probably don't.  A conservative Rhinoplasty and a chin implant would certainly improve your profile.

Devinder S. Mangat, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty/chin implant/liposuction in an 19 year old

+2

First off, you are an attractive young woman and your self confidence will come from within, not without.  The things that you mention are common things that plastic surgeons discuss regarding the facial profile.  However, I would encourage you to hold off on surgery for the moment and seek answers elsewhere.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Profile Appearance of Nose and Jaw

+2

The procedures you are considering are reasonable to improve your profile appearance.  Although an in-person evaluation and consultation is strongly recommended, taking down the nasal hump and placing a chin implant can greatly balance out your profile appearance.  Please don't let this affect your self confidence as this can be improved!  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty, chin implant, and neck liposuction

+2

All three of those procedures will work together to enhance your profile. The implant and neck liposuction will improve the contour and projection of the chin region, and a rhinoplasty will certainly help to reduce the hump.

Plastic surgery can help to change the way you face the world, but it won't change the circumstances in your life as a whole. Sometimes a few subtle changes can have a huge impact on a patient's confidence and I have seen incredibly positive results. At the same time you have to make sure the procedures are right for you and ensure that your expectations are reasonable.

-Dr. Asaria

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Improving Facial Profile

+2

The goal standard treatment plan would be to have orthodontics and a lower jaw advancement to improve your jaw-line and chin in addition to improve your bite.  Liposuction would be virtually useless for you.  This treatment would make your nose appear more balanced.  You could still have some minor improvement to the hump of your nose.

You could just have a chin implant and rhinoplasty if you do not want to pursue the treatment plan above.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

There is hope

+2

Submental liposuction with a chin implant can help your profile. Rhinoplasty with reduction of your hump and thinning of your tip can improve your nasal profile in combination with the above. 

Good luck, 

Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and liposuction and chin implant

+2

Certainly the three procedures might be helpful to improve the appearance of the areas you are unhappy with, but an exam in person would be essential.