Does Perlane Fade Quicker if You Have a Fast Metabolism?

I heard that some other fillers fade quicker if your metabolism tends to be fast. Mine is slow, unfortunately, but my perlane after a year was still looking good, although I felt I needed a touchup. Doctor agreed. I moved area and never asked my doctor this question. I'm looking for another one. It's been 10 months now and my fillers still look great. I joined a gym again and decided to hire a PT. Are my fillers going to fade quicker if I speed up my metabolism?

+2

No, I am unaware of any evidence to support the correlation between metabolism and the duration of Perlane injected into facial tissues.  I suspect the issue is a threshold amount of Perlane that needs to be maintained in order to achieve the desired aesthetic appearance.  Hope this helps.

Filler longevity

+2

Starting an exercise regimen should not increase the breakdown of Perlane. While exercise can temporarily increase your calorie requirements during exercise and a short time after exercise, it does not permanently change your metabolism. That being said, if you lose weight with your new exercise regimen, you may need more filler to replace the fat you lose in your face (which I have seen unfortunately!). The additional filler you inject, however, will not break down more quickly.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers and metabolism

+2

In reality, joining a gym and hiring a personal trainer will make your body look better, but for a normal person, won't affect your fillers. Fillers are really only affected by people with naturally high metabolisms (there aren't many of these people!), insanely trained athletes, and those who use steroids. So you should join a gym, exercise, and feel great without worrying about affecting the length of your fillers.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Does Perlane fade quicker if you have a fast metabolism?

+1

In general, facial fillers last 6-7 months on average, and sometimes longer depending on the patient and the location of the injections. If the filler does not last as long, this is not necessarily due to someone having a fast metabolism. If you exercise and stay fit this will not have an effect on the duration of your result. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Increasing metabolism affect perlane

+1

It is highly unlikely that increasing your metabolism with an exercise regimen would have any impact on the longevity of your filler.  While there are some people in which fillers inherently break down faster, it has nothing to do with their fitness lifestyle.  So work out..and don't worry!

Ritu Saini, MD

Perlane and metabolism

+1

I don't know that a faster metabolism speeds up the breakdown of your Perlane - it is determined upon several factors but typically lasts several months.

Sam Naficy, MD