I Have Done my Rinoplasty About 10 Days Ago...so Now I Cant Breathe Through my Both Nostrils at Once?

when I breathe through my right nostril,I cant breathe through my left and when i can through my left i cant through my right.......actually its rotate time to time .....so because of this even now i had to use my mouth to complete my breathing procedure....so i have got osteotomy rhino ..and Alar reduction ....so is this because of internal swelling or deviated septum?(i wish this is not a deviated septum because i love my results even now..so i don't want to have a any more revision) Thank You

Nasal obstruction following rhinoplasty.

+1

The nasal airway will be narrowed to a variable degree for a few weeks following surgery due to swelling.  As the swelling works its way out over the next several weeks, the breathing in general tends to improve.  Things should be mostly stabilized by 3 months and at that time one can determine if a long term problem with obstruction exists. 

The alternating ability to breathe better on one side and then the other is a well recognized occurence known as the 'nasal cycle'..

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fresh rhinoplasty post-op and breathing

+1

Breathing issues can occur post-op most of the time this is due to swelling. Give it some more time to improve. If concerned speak to your surgeon.

Difficulty Breathing After Rhinoplasty

+1

Please be a bit more patient. There is a good probability you issue involves post operative swelling and could improve with time. Consider returning to address your concerns of difficulty breathing after your Rhinoplasty. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon