Dark Circles Under Eyes Would Restalyne Help? (photo)

I'm 28 years old male middle eastern guy. I have been suffering of dark circles for ever. I have tried different treatment but none of them worked!!! Most recently a dermatologist told me its a combination of hyperpigmintation, thin skin and loss of volume. Given Obagi Nuderm and carboxytherapy. He is reluctant to inject at the moment as got very thin skin! Tx did not work! I feel its something to do with underneath structure as the dark shadow becomes lighter when I pull the lower eye lid up .

Dark Circles Under Eyes Would Restalyne Help?

+2

You can certainly benefit from injecting Restylane to the tear troughs, this filler is a lot smoother that could be used under the eyes to help with the hollowness. Seek a reputable injector who can give you the result you wish to achieve.

+1

Injecting Restylane to the tear troughs would make a significant difference for dark circles.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Restylane Under Eye

+1

I’ve seen Restylane (when done by a VERY experienced physician) work wonders for dark circles.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Improving severe dark circles under the eyes requires multiple avenues of treatment

+1

As you have noticed there is just one reason you have those dark circles and therefore there isn't a single therapy which will make them go away.  The area under the eyes typically has three components:

1.  Hyperpigmentation (darkening) of the skin itself: Needs to be addressed with topical treatments.  TNS eye repair has been a good product for many of my patients.  Another product to help disguise/cover the color can be helpful as well. Discuss with your aesthetician or injector.  Often this aspect of the dark eyes is the most stubborn.  That is, it can be improved but may not be removed entirely.

2.  Shadowing due to volume loss:  This can be addressed with volume of some kind.  I usually favor Restylane L since it works well, lasts 12-18 months, and has minimal downtime associated with it.  A longer term fill can be achieved with fat transfer but has much more down-time due to swelling, and you may still need a little touch up with filler after fat transfer.  Be sure to seek an experienced injector for treatment of this sensitive area.

3.  Venous congestion:  If present, adding volume with often help camoflague this but it also can be improved by treating any allergic or sinus disease that is present.

MKB

Michael Bowman, MD
Montgomery Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye circles

+1

I think that a filler like Belotero or Restylane will give you a good amount of improvement. Might not  be perfect but will probably  make you happy

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

#Treatment for under eye dark circles with #restylane or #belotero

+1

Hi

Your Dermatologist is absolutely correct but the only thing that will make a significant improvement is adding volume in the form or fat or filler and makeup but being a man, you do not have a good option for wearing makeup so your best choice is addition of filler (Restylane or Belotero work best).  This is an advanced technique and not one that most dermatologists or plastic surgeons do commonly so find the right doctor.  

Shervin Naderi, MD, FACS
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon