Confused About Perlane and Juvederm?

What is the real difference between perlane and juvederm? I have always had perlane and was happy with it, but having moved area again, my new doctor uses juvederm only. She said it lasts about a year. My perlane had been here for 15 months. I've just had juvederm, in fact today, an hour and a half ago, and it feels like I had nothing- where is the swelling, the soreness? I'm wondering if after 48 hours it will look like I really had nothing.

Perlane, Juvederm

+2

Perlane and Juvederm are both hyaluronic acid fillers so they are very similar.  Perlane however is a more substantive product which would be better suited to certain areas (such as the nasolabial folds) whereas the Juvederm is a "softer" product which makes it excellent for around the lips.  There is also more product in a Perlane syringe than Juvederm so that may make a difference.  You should be able to achieve excellent results with either-the differences are definite but subtle.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon