Do I Cancel Due to BMI?

I am 36 yrs old and have 3 kids (9,7,16mths) all born by csection. In 3 weeks I am due to have a full TT with muscle repair. The problem I have is that my weight loss has slowed down due to my struggle with the pain caused by my csection scarring and overhang when I do. I love exercise and have become very frustrated with it not being pain free. My BMI is 34 and I am 5' 6". I have a very active life and full time job working in an ED. I am wondering should I cancel my op??

Tummy tuck for high BMI

+2

Thanks for your question.  You do have a high BMI, but without photos it is hard to give you a more specific answer.  Often I would recommend a procedure like a belt lipectomy or lower body lift for my higher BMI patients.  This type of procedure can allow your surgeon to remove up to 20 lbs, so that you can exercise more actively after you recover from surgery.  Ofcourse the procedure can have more risks and a longer recovery, but the results can be amazing.  Good luck on your journey and take care!  You can also consider weight loss procedures such as lap bands and laparoscopic gastric bypass.

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Do I Cancel Due to BMI?

+1

Clearly you would have fewer risks and a nicer outcome with more weight loss. But if you are at a standstill, that may not happen, and all these considerations matter. Discuss with your own surgeon and come to an agreement about the best course for you!

Thanks, best wishes. 

BMI and Tummy Tuck

+1

BMI is only one of several factors that have influence on Tummy Tuck results. Here are other ones:

• Other health issues (Diabetes?, Hypertension?)
  • Overall fitness- 
  • Surgical Technique

We feel surgical techniques with minimal undermining are inherently safer because there is less space for seroma accumulation, there is better blood supply, and healing is improved. Read the web post referenced below to see an illustration of various Tummy Tuck techniques and watch the video about excercise and Tummy Tuck

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD