Breast augmentation...swelling or wrong implant size? (photo)

i had a BA (dual plane) 7days ago. Altho i understand that 1 week post op is way too early to judge the final result of BA and that it takes from 3 months to a year for final results, i feel my surgeon chose the wrong implants for me. i wanted a med/full C cup natural looking. he used INSPIRA 265gr Full projection (not the extra full) when i initially asked him for Moderate. is this swelling that is causing the "balls look" or the Full profile Vs the narrower diamater +fuller projection? do they drop?

Wrong implant size

+2

Hi,

You are in the VERY early stages of an augment.  Your pre op photos appear to indicate that you needed a left lift but your right hand is raising the nipple on that side so I am assuming this is the reason for what appears to be implants only with the periareolar incision.

Your results seem right on track with a nice outcome.  Your implant is modest in size so it would be doubtful that this is going to be too big for you.  The fullness above the nipple is going to settle over the next weeks and months and then the appearance will be more "normal"

Nothing whatsoever to indicate that you should worry.   Don't worry about the profile of the implant.  You will not be Dolly !! 

Steven M. Lynch, M.D.   Albany, New York

Albany Plastic Surgeon

7 days postop from BA too soon to judge

+2

Very hard or impossible to make an adequate assessment only 7 days after the procedure.

Best to wait six to twelve weeks and re evaluate.

Best wishes for a positive outcome!

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Give it more time

+2

Hello. Seven days is not near enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-augmentation-7001

Breast augmentation

+2

I think you know the answer, which is that it is way too early to judge. The appearance will improve, but will take at least 3 months.

With the size implant you mentioned I think you will end up a small to medium C cup, but not a full C. No way of knowing for sure yet.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Will Implants Drop after Breast Augmentation

+2

The swelling at 7 days can make breasts look a little unnatural as can the relatively high position at that stage.  The implants will drop with time. I do not detect anything bothersome or troubling about your appearance at this early stage.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

One week post breast augmentation. Correct size?

+1

Thank you for the photos.  It is far too early to make any statements as to size or shape.  We all wish that patients would get the final result in a week, (or two), but this is far from reality.  Please be patient.  Do let your plastic surgeon know your thoughts.

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/breast-augmentation

Swelling or Wrong Implants

+1

I agree with the other surgeons, that one week is just too early to determine if the wrong implants were used, let alone what your final outcome will be.  You are still experiencing swelling which can distort the appearance of your breasts but with time they will soften and settle.  I know it's difficult because at 7 days you are feeling well, but physically, your body is still in the healing process.  Follow up with your surgeon and continue to follow his post-operative instructions but try to be patient and give it at least 6 months before you start to worry.

Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation...swelling or wrong implant size

+1

A week is way to early to judge the outcome. I am looking at what I would consider a nice result, with better symmetry than I would have expected without a lift. 

As to implant choice, this is something that should have been discussed and agreed upon before surgery. From the looks of the result, I think this implants used are the correct profile, in that a moderate profile would have been wider than your breast at this volume and would have looked unnatural.

All the best. 

Breast augmentation...swelling or wrong implant size?

+1

As you can see the consensus is that it is way too early to make a determination about your breasts.  It looks like you will have a great outcome.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Concerns

+1

Given your slight differences between breasts, I'd say your current asymmetries are expected.  Remember, your breasts are still very much in transition, and both will settle into more pleasing shapes.  In general, people with your issues and your post operative results, find their breast asymmetries improve with time.  I think you will turn out fine!

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com