Bleeding Nipples After Uplift, 2 Weeks Post-op Lollipop Mastopexy? (photo)

I am 2 weeks lollipop mastopexy post-op and am bleeding dark blood from under my nipples. The right side has been bleeding daily for a week, a round hole which isn't scabbing over. The left side is more scabby and only started bleeding in the last couple of days. My PS hasn't seen me but by email said its normal & he'll see me in 2 weeks. Is it normal? I'm doing my dressings myself, changing them daily due to the soiling. I feel worried.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Looks like the skin has broken down and a little hematoma has escaped. I would suggest an in person exam to make sure you dont have a hematoma or infection that requires surgery

Bleeding after breast lift and augmentation

+1

The small amount of bleeding that you are describing after a breast augmentation with a lift is common.  If you are concerned, an in person exam with your surgeon is best.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Bleeding Nipples After Uplift, 2 Weeks Post-op Lollipop Mastopexy?

+1

Sorry to say you need IN PERSON examination! Why the 2 weeks delay in seeing you?? Do not quite understand this. 

Mastopexy and incisions

+1

During the first few weeks after breast lift or reduction surgery, some blood may stain gauze at the suture lines.

Bleeding Nipples After Uplift, 2 Weeks Post-op Lollipop Mastopexy

+1

This is not uncommon at the junction of two incisions. The photos show no changes suggestive of infection. This is not a threat to your expected outcome. There is often a suture at the point that would do well to be removed to speed up the healing, but that is for your surgeon to decide, not you. 

All the best.