I've Already Had a Tummy Tuck. Is It a Good Idea to Combine a Back Lift with an Inner Thigh Lift? (photo)

My has skin laxity at the back and on the legs. I'd like co combine both surgeries, but unsure of risk?

Is It a Good Idea to Combine a Back Lift with an Inner Thigh Lift?

+2

That combination seems quite reasonable. I can only tell from the photos that you were a good tummy tuck candidate. I am not sure that I see enough in the photos to comment upon the need for a back lift or an inner thigh lift. Hopefully you have reviewed the pros and cons and the alternatives with your surgeon. Best wishes. 

Back Lift and Inner thigh lift

+2

By back lift, are you referring to your upper back or lower back/buttock area?  A back or buttock lift and a medial thigh lift can be performed at the same time.  For clarification, I would suggest you visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.   Whether both procedures can or should be done in one setting will depending on your anatomy, the amount and severity of excess skin/laxity, and your overall health status.

Dr. Basu

houston tx

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

Congratulations on your weight-loss journey. yes, I think it would be a good idea to combine a back list with an inner thigh Iift. I often combined these procedures in my practice and patients seem to do well. The only logistic is flipping you In the operating room from a facedown position to a face up position.. I've not found this to be a problem though. Good luck on your weight-loss journey. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Back lift and inner thigh lift

+1

If you are healthy, it is reasonable to perform the back lift and medial thigh lift together. It just will be a positioning issue to approach both areas.

I've Already Had a Tummy Tuck. Is It a Good Idea to Combine a Back Lift with an Inner Thigh Lift?

+1

Yes you can combine surgeries but there is a slight statistically higher risk in doing so. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon. 

Lateral thigh and buttock lift and a medial thigh lift is a lot of surgery and I usually do them separately

+1

While a lateral thigh and buttock lift and a medial thigh lift can be done at the same time, I usually separate the two procedures because of the time it takes to complete both of them. I like keep the anesthesia time to no more than 6-7 hours and in my hands this would be pushing the limit. There is also the problem that the lateral thigh lift is pulling one way and the medial thigh lift is pulling the other way. I would recommend having the lateral thigh buttock lift first and then 6-12 months later having the medial thigh lift. 

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Body lift

+1

An exam I person would determine if you are a good candidate to convert theTT to a full body lft.  Otherwise, I actually think you would be better off with lipo of your inner and outer thighs knees and flanks.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD