I've Already Had a Tummy Tuck. Is It a Good Idea to Combine a Back Lift with an Inner Thigh Lift? (photo)

My has skin laxity at the back and on the legs. I'd like co combine both surgeries, but unsure of risk?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Staging of Procedures Can Be Very Beneficial

+3

Great question!  Now that you have had a tummy tuck and seen the benefits, it is appropriate to add a buttock lift and medial thigh lift.  Based on your photos, this procedure would lift your buttock and lateral thighs.  The medial thigh lift would lift the inner thighs.  One word of caution.  Buttock lifts can flatten the buttock in patients who are on the border line, so you need to consider doing something to prevent it.  Fat transfer or buttock auto-augmentation with your own tissues from your buttock lift may be an option. A physical exam is necessary to make this determination.  Seek consultaiton from someone with significant experience with these procedures.  Best wishes.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Is It a Good Idea to Combine a Back Lift with an Inner Thigh Lift?

+2

That combination seems quite reasonable. I can only tell from the photos that you were a good tummy tuck candidate. I am not sure that I see enough in the photos to comment upon the need for a back lift or an inner thigh lift. Hopefully you have reviewed the pros and cons and the alternatives with your surgeon. Best wishes. 

Back Lift and Inner thigh lift

+2

By back lift, are you referring to your upper back or lower back/buttock area?  A back or buttock lift and a medial thigh lift can be performed at the same time.  For clarification, I would suggest you visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.   Whether both procedures can or should be done in one setting will depending on your anatomy, the amount and severity of excess skin/laxity, and your overall health status.

Dr. Basu

houston tx

+1

Congratulations on your weight-loss journey. yes, I think it would be a good idea to combine a back list with an inner thigh Iift. I often combined these procedures in my practice and patients seem to do well. The only logistic is flipping you In the operating room from a facedown position to a face up position.. I've not found this to be a problem though. Good luck on your weight-loss journey. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen

Web reference: http://timothykatzenmd.com/body/360-body-lift/

Back lift and inner thigh lift

+1

If you are healthy, it is reasonable to perform the back lift and medial thigh lift together. It just will be a positioning issue to approach both areas.

I've Already Had a Tummy Tuck. Is It a Good Idea to Combine a Back Lift with an Inner Thigh Lift?

+1

Yes you can combine surgeries but there is a slight statistically higher risk in doing so. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon. 

Lateral thigh and buttock lift and a medial thigh lift is a lot of surgery and I usually do them separately

+1

While a lateral thigh and buttock lift and a medial thigh lift can be done at the same time, I usually separate the two procedures because of the time it takes to complete both of them. I like keep the anesthesia time to no more than 6-7 hours and in my hands this would be pushing the limit. There is also the problem that the lateral thigh lift is pulling one way and the medial thigh lift is pulling the other way. I would recommend having the lateral thigh buttock lift first and then 6-12 months later having the medial thigh lift. 

Body lift

+1

An exam I person would determine if you are a good candidate to convert theTT to a full body lft.  Otherwise, I actually think you would be better off with lipo of your inner and outer thighs knees and flanks.