I am just over 5'8 tall and weigh 154lbs. I have scheduled a tummy tuck for 21st January. I have had 3 children? (photo)

c-section,youngest is nearly 4 years.I am 38years.I had Hodgkin's disease as a teen and had a splenectomy so I have a long vertical scar acros my tummy as well as c-section scar.My surgeon is going to do a fleur-de-lis in order to revise old scar and also pull my waist in.Do you think I am a good candidate of this type of operation?My weight has not fluctuated for the past three years.Should I try lose weight before surgery?My surgeon will also lipo to flanks and mons pubis.Many thanks!

I am just over 5'8 tall and weigh 154lbs. I have scheduled a tummy tuck for 21st January. I have had 3 children?

+1

Maybe but best to seek in person second opinions vs over the internet opinions in your case. Good luck..

Fleur de Lis Abdominoplasty

+1

It is difficult to tell from the photo you have provided whether the additional midline incision is really necessary to remove additional skin. In my opinion, the narrowing of the waist is more dependent on abdominal wall plication than skin removal. I very rarely perform a fleur de lis abdominoplasty and the only case I have needed this approach is in the massive weight loss patient. The risk of wound healing will be higher and I would recommend only a superficial scar revision, rather than a full thickness abdominal skin incision, especially if liposuction is planned.

You look like a good candidate for an abominoplasty. I don't believe further weight loss is warranted.

Thanks for your question and best of luck with surgery.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon