How Much More Weight Do I Need to Lose Before Having a Tummy Tuck?

I'm 5.2  and So Far I've Lost 76 Lbs I Now Weigh 179 How Much Should I Lose Before Having a Tummy Tuck?

How much weight should I lose before my tummy tuck?????????????

+1

Hi, congratulations on the weight loss.  I hear this question often.  My first question is always, what is your goal weight?  If it is a reasonable number and you are within 10-15 pounds, I would say that you are at a good weight.  The benefit of abdominoplasty is the improvement in contour that will be visible in the first few weeks following surgery but is much more realistic at 3 months.  If you are within ten to fifteen pounds of your goal weight, your new contour could be the last impetus that you need to push you over the edge and achieve your goal.  If you are 20 -30 pounds away from your goal and then lose this way after tummy tuck, you may have loose skin that will require additional surgery to remove.  Best advice, get as close to your goal weight, make sure that you can maintain that weight, and then go and visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Best wishes.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

How much weight loss before a tummy tuck?

+1

You should hold off having contouring surgery until you achieve your stable weight that you are able to MAINTAIN with your lifestyle.  If you are having to workout excessively or limit your caloric intake severely, you will not be able to do this for the rest of your life.  Find that lifestyle that you can life with easily and when you weight is stable, then it would be a good time to consider contouring.

Curtis Wong, MD

No less than 70lbs to be considerated for surgery/ tendras que perder 30 kgrs para ser considerada candidata

+1

you should loose no less than 70 lbs in order to be considerated a good candidate for any kind of surgery  spetially this kind.

deberias de perder no menos de 30 kgrs para poder ser considerada buena candidata a este tipo de operacion

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon