13 Year Old Daughter has GG's and Vtiligo?

My little girl is suffering so bad! Not only does she have vitiligo but she is also a 38GG and growing! How can i help her? :-(

13 Year Old With Size GG Breast And Vitiligo

+1

Thirteen is not too young for breast reductioin surgery. The psychological effects can have serious repercussions. Besides the teasing, young teens want to skip PE class and even skip school on days when they should be in PE. This can get them into the wrong crowd. If your daughter is seriously overweight a good weight reducing diet and exercise program may help to provide a natural reduction and make her a healthier candidate for surgery.

13 Year Old with Very Large Breasts…

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your daughter has experienced because of her disproportionately large breasts.

It is possible that she is dealing with juvenile breast hypertrophy along with the physical and psychosocial consequences of this diagnosis. In other words, the breasts are too large for the frame causing  both physical and psychological distress.

It will  probably be in her best interests to undergo breast reduction surgery  in a few years when her breasts have reached a stable state. However, it is not too early at this point to learn more about breast reduction surgery ( pros and cons).

As  she (and you) think  about  breast reduction surgery make sure you do your homework and understand the potential risks and complications associated with  the procedure.  Unsatisfactory scarring is  one of the potential complications. Make sure you both also understand that further surgery may be necessary in the future (for example if the breasts were to grow in size again).

On the other hand, breast reduction surgery is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform and I think that for the right teenager (enough symptoms) it may be an excellent option (regardless of the age).

I am glad your daughter has your support as she goes through this difficult time and to help her with the research/consultations necessary.

+1

Your daughter would certainly be a candidate for b reast reduction, but not until her breast size has been stable for at least a year. As to the vitigo, that would be a question for a dermatologist.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD