Are UHP Natrelle 45 or HP best for women with a small ribcage? (Photo)

I have my surgery date booked and I am afraid because I have chosen the UHP's in 400cc to go from a 32A to a 32 C. I have read that the UHP's can look "too round and fake". As this is not the look I am going for, what are my options? If my ribcage is 28" will the UHP's leave me with too much of a gap between my breasts? It terrifies me that I don't see too many pictures with this implant profile. Also, is 400cc going to be bigger than a C cup?

Best size breast implants for small rib cage

+1
At size 30 2A, each 100 cc's of implant corresponds to one cup size change. 200 cc implants would take you from an A to C. 400 cc implants will not fit under the muscle which is where I usually recommend for better support, appearance, and long-term stability. 400 cc implants will not fit under the muscle, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. They will also stretch your tissue requiring a lift in the near future. If you are worried about too much gap between your breasts then I recommend a breast augmentation with the Mini Ultimate Breast Lift. Using only a circumareolar incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and move them medially to increase cleavage. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the Areola, breast tissue and Implant over the bony prominence of the Chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round, textured, silicone gel implants placed behind the muscle look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is even irrelevant in the retropectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Hope this information helps you.

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Are UHP Natrelle 45 or HP best for women with a small ribcage?

+1
I prefer Mentor UHP implants and 400 cc could be slightly on the larger side. BUT I have not examined you in person so not stated might apply to you... 

High profile

+1
The answers here a great and I would add that the High profile is probably a bit more natural for you. I use the ultra more for breast reconstruction procedures. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Will alter high profile breast implants look too fake

+1
It is best to reconsult your plastic surgeon, have the surgeon major the base width of your breast and show you on the implant manufacturer's chart the base width of the breast implants that the doctor is choosing.

High profile implants are often used in patients with a narrow chest however the most important measurement is the base width of your breast and the choice of an implant that has a wide enough base to provide medial coverage or cleavage and lateral fall on the outside the breast.  This is a very important decision and should be made with your input.

400 cc op to high profile breast implants certainly could look to prominent on a petite woman with the delicate frame shown in the photograph.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

"Fear of the gap"

+1
The key to avoiding an overly wide gap between the breasts is for your surgeon to do a few key things:
1)  carefully measure what the correct breast base width is,
2)  make sure your pectoral muscle attachments are normally positioned, and not overly wide apart,
3)  pick an implant that is wide enough across (i.e. diameter) to fill this space
4)  make the pocket precisely at surgery.

The shape of the implant - whether it is high profile or UHP - depends on your taste.  I think you'd get a lovely result with the high profile.  Only get the UHP if you like the more obvious round look.  Since the UHP is actually narrower across for a given cc size, you'd have to go bigger to get the same diameter implant as with a HP.

Thomas Fiala, MD

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photograph, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.    Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "bigger than a C cup" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of  in bra sizers and computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  I find that the use of temporary  intraoperative sizers ( with the patient in the upright position)  allows for accurate selection of breast implant size/profile to achieve patient's goals as precisely as possible.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to petite patients), helps.