Ugly Belly Button Scar - What Are my Options? (photo)

I am 3 months post op.tummy tuck. I know this is early, but I am stressed out about my belly button. The scar around the edge is very thick, but the marks left by the sutures really scream "hey, I had surgery!" (I have a tendency to hyper-pigment) Is the thought of a revision reasonable at this point, or am I overreacting? How long should I wait before revising, what are my revision options - should a different technique be used?

Belly button

+1
Steroid injections, silicone sheeting or gels or laser treatments all may be good options. Your doctor should have a number of things to help. No revision surgery of belly button at this point in time. Good Luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Revision 3 months after a tummy tuck

+1

Hi Emily,

I am sorry that you are feeling frustrated. I understand that bold scars are not pleasant at all.

Without physical examination it is hard to determine the type of skin you have but the photographs show that you may have a sensitive skin.

Nonetheless, you are still in recovery mode and it is early to have any necessary revision done.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS