I look uglier than before! Will it improve? Huge nose tip.

I had a Rhynoplastic surgery 4 weeks ago, and I smile horrible, the tip of my nose looks huge. The bridge of my nose was removed so I have a great profile but my front is worse, I have pictures of before and I was prettier now I look horrible, I thought this surgery would make me feel prettier, will it improve? Will it become considerably thinner or just a little bit? HELP

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+2
There is always varying degrees of swelling around the nose after rhinoplasty or nose surgery. At 4 weeks it is still possible to have significant swelling, especially if tip work has been done. In these cases it can sometimes take 3, 6, 9 or 12 months for swelling to fully resolve. Everyone heals at a different rate. Your swelling will eventually improve and your nose will look thinner in time. Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1
Dear Elenavon, You are a very beautiful young lady and I am sorry that you are upset with your current appearance of your nose. Please see your surgeon frequently and discuss your concerns so that he/she can tell you where you are on the road to recovery. Your surgeon knows exactly what was done during surgery, what your preoperative expectations were and what was discussed regarding your surgical plan to attain those results. Hopefully your surgeon can reassure you and hold your hand through recovery to bring some peace of mind. If you are unhappy with the answers then you may want to seek a second opinion. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Swelling and Rhinoplasty

+1
Everyone heals at a different rate.  It is very important to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon as he requires so that he can monitor your healing to assure you are going in the right direction.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

+1
If there is any concern, your should return to your surgeon for an assessment.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.