Can my scar be erased? (Photo)

Hello, my name is florence. I am 23 years old, i have had this scar since i was 10. Can it be removed, am always covering it with my hair.

Plato's scar serum for a forehead scar

+1
Our office specializes in scar treatment. For your forehead scar, I would recommend application of Plato's Scar Serum followed by laser resurfacing with the fractional co2 laser to improve the scar. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Depressed, Hypopigmented Scars Can Be Improved By Subcision, Fractional Microneedle Therapy, & Fillers

+1
At the outset, I must unfortunately emphasize that with today's technologies, scars cannot be completely "erased."  They can, however, be significantly improved in appearance. From the photo it appears that we are dealing here with a hypopigmented, depressed scar.

To elevate the scar I would suggest a series of subcision treatments, to which a biostimulatory filler, such as Radiesse, might be added to further promote new, native collagen production and hence greater elevation of scar's base. 

To restore a more natural color, i.e. to promote enhanced blending with the surrounding normal skin, I would subsequently consider a series of fractional medical microneedling teatments using a Dermastamp along with tyrosine.

For more detail on any of the above procedures, check out the archives of Realself.com.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD