Moved my Fractured Nose Back to Midline for 20 Years Every Few Weeks to Help Headaches. Is It Air Bubbles I Feel? (photo)

ENT said it was "air bubbles" that I'm feeling when pushing bone back to the middle to correct it? No jagged edge sticking out the side of my nose and looks straighter, hear cracking sounds, feel bone movement after manipulating fracture to midline, and last for a few weeks, until bone moves back out because no time to embed into nose tissues. Headaches do recur frequently, but it's as if I'm resetting fracture all the time, only for the bone to move out again becasue no way to immobilize/cast.

Nasal Septum

+1

A thorough evaluation of the inside of your nose is warranted to determine if there is a septal fracture.  Sometimes headaches can be caused from anatomical disturbances inside the nose.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who is trained in head and neck surgery as well as facial plastic surgery who can assist you with this problem.

Shifting Bones After Fracture and Possible Rhinoplasty

+1

This sounds like quite a nuisance for you, and I would find a surgeon to evaluate you and determine if surgery can help your condition.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

20 year old fracture

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing you in person and examining your nose – you should consider seeing your surgeon for an assessment

Sam Naficy, MD

Moved my Fractured Nose Back to Midline for 20 Years Every Few Weeks to Help Headaches. Is It Air Bubbles I Feel?

+1

You need ENT evaluation with scans than surgical intervention to correct these issues. Please seek evaluations. 

Fracture of nose

+1

Dear jlbst14,

• Air bubbles feel like rice krispies or bubble packing popping under the skin
  • If this causes you headaches every time you reset the fracture, it may be time to take care of it surgically
  • When you are ready, please see a rhinoplasty surgeon who can help address your concerns and answer all of your questions

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD