Ok to put 1550 on 70mj, 23%, 4 passes & 1927 on 20mj, 30%, 4 passes at same time for Fraxel Dual treatment for maximum result?

Hello, Doctor: I just finished 1 treatment for fraxel 1550 on 70mj and 23% 2 days ago to treat my acne scar and i am going to do fraxel dual after 4 weeks. I know that the highest setting for 1927 is 20mj and 30%. My question is that is it ok to put 1550 setting on 70mj, 23%, 4 passes and 1927 on 20mj, 30%, 4 passes at same time for my fraxel dual treatment for maximum result? If not, what is the typical setting then? Kind Regards Tom

Fraxel settings for Acne Scars

+1
The Fraxel laser treats both acne scars and pigmentation.  However acne scars is treated with the 1550 wavelength and the pigmentation with the 1927 wavelength.  If your goal is to treat the acne scars there is no reason to have a "combination" treatment with different wavelengths.  Since there are no photos and I do not know your exact skin type I cannot recommend the settings but Fraxel publishes safe guidelines and updates them annually as to what settings to use to best treat these problems.  For the best results please consult a board certified physician with a great deal of experience with Fraxel lasers.

Settings for second Fraxel treatment

+1
Hi Tom. In general you should not have a treatment at the maximum setting as your first treatment. The reason for this is that depending on your skin type potential side effects such as inflammatory hyperpigmentation and other healing problems are greater at the highest setting. The 1927nm wavelength of the Fraxel re:store DUAL laser is for pigmentation - if your main problem is acne scarring then you would probably be better to have 8 passes of the 1550nm to concentrate on this rather than having a mix of wavelengths. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon