Is It Typical to Inject Botox All Around the Eyes?

I had a doctor inject Botox all around my eye area. Is that typical?

It could be...

+2

I will assume that you did your homework and went to a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who knows how to get the best results. I would never second guess a qualified physician with such little information. That said, Botox is usually injected between the eyebrows, lateral (to the side) of each eye, and in some patients, under the eye. This could be described as "all around" the eye and obviously would be correct. The final issue: how is the result after 3-14 days?

New Orleans Dermatologist

Botox around the eyes

+1

Yes, it's very typical to have Botox injected around the eyes, especially if you are trying to achieve a decrease in lateral wrinkles or "crows feet" and/or are trying to accomplish a brow lift. Consulting with your provider and determining what your "needs" are and having expectations prior to treatment is highly recommended.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox around the eyes.

+1

Hi!

We normally inject Botox in the crows feet, above and between the eyebrows, and --in very small doses-- in the lower eyelids. It all depends on what lines you are trying to correct, and if you want to lift the eyebrows.

This is a kind of sculpture, so the doctor has to have a good eye, and precise knowledge of the anatomy.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Botox injected around the eyes to accomplish specific results

+1

Botox can be injected under the eyes to lessen the creasing there but only works half of the time. The sides are always done for the crows feet creases. Above the eye injections just under the eyebrow in the mid-lateral aspect are done to try to raise the lateral outer eyebrow somewhat. Again it only works less than half the time but is worth it when it does work. Whether only on the outer eyes or all around the eyes the cost is roughly $300-350 for the Botox or the new Dysport which lasts about 3-4 months.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

It is less common now that fillers are used under the eyes

+1

Dear Jersey

BOTOX can be effectively used all around the eyes. This includes treatment between the eyebrows, along the eyebrows, in the crows feet areas, and for some a little treatment under the eyes. Under eye treatment is increasingly being replaced with under eye filler service. By filling up the under eye circle this reduces the lower eyelid lines.

However, many continue to use under eye BOTOX. So I would say that BOTOX treatment around the eyes is advanced treatment but it is done and is not out of the ordinary. We can debate the meaning of the word typical. Also, dermatologists and general plastic surgeons are not the only core physicians who perform BOTOX. Facial plastic surgeons and ophthalmologists are also in this core group.

Botox Injections Around the Eyes

+1

Hi Jersey,

Injection of Botox for the treatment of "crow's feet" involves injections "around the eye" laterally.  Sometimes a small dose of Botox is injected just below the lower lash line to help relax an over active muscle.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD