Types of Treatment for my Hallowed/sunken Eyes? (photo)

my eyes look so horrible. i am embarassed to face world and even my friends. i just turn 20 years old and i hate the way my eye look. i really need some suggestion to get me out of this. i do have regular sleep of 7.5 to 8 hours. i drink lot of water. i massage my eye everyday but nothing is helping. is there anyways i can repair my eyes and be more confident about my look.

Juvederm and Restylane

+2

Either one of these products can help soften the hollows under your eyes.

With your skin tone, some of what you are seeing is your skin pigmentation which will not be altered by the hyaluronic acid fillers.

I would not massage your eyelids as this will not do anything for you.

Finally, I think you are over estimating how bad your eyes look. Your degree of concern is out of proportion to what we see in this photo. Body dysmorphic disorder is a condition whereby patients are overly concerned about their body image. I would recommend you read about this problem and see if it fits you? You should NOT be embarrassed to face the world with the way you look. Please discuss this with your parents/loved ones.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Stop messaging your eyelids as this will damage their integrity.

+2

Under eye Restylane can help soft your dark circle area.  It will not really eliminate all the darkness but it certainly has the power to improve the volume issues.

Periorbital Tear Troughs/ Pigmentation

+1

While you do have mild tear trough depression, the increased pigmentation around your eyes stands out more. Some Belotero(small molecule hyaluronic acid filler) can help the tear troughs. A topical bleaching cream can help the pigmentation. With proper corneal protection pigment lasers can also blend.

A great book you should read is "The Broken Mirror" by Katherine Phillips. Your voiced concern with your appearance is out of proportion to the severity of your problem. This book will help you.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon