What Types of Ailments Does Sculptra Help Correct, Besides a Thinning Face or Wrinkles?

Botox is approved to help with Migraines, how about Sculptra?

Sculptra is a volumizer

+1

The aged face often has significant volume reduction and Sculptra is a 'seed" not an immediate filler. Once the Sculptra is planted (using a dilute water and local anesthetic mixture) the body produces a response by making collagen.  The Sculptra is often redone every six weeks for three sessions. The results continue for up to 1.5 to 2 years. There may be lumps that are felt, but often not seen. These eventually go away, but the lumps tend to occur more on the tops of the hands than when injected in the face. Thin skin areas should be avoided as the lumps can be more visible.  Often, whether with fat injections used as grafts, or Sculptra revolumization, the overlying skin develops a more lustrous appearance. This may be due to the stretching of the skin or improvement of the circulation that the Sculptra stimulates.  So volume (both cosmetic and for HIV medication-induced fat atrophy)  and skin appearance are the objects of Sculptra administration. Unfortunately there are no other indications for Sculptra, and it certainly does not make sense that it would help migraines.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/sculptra/index.html

Where else can Scultpra be used besides the face?

+1

Besides refining your look by correcting deeper facial wrinkles and folds, you can improve the décolleté, neck and hands with Sculptra injections.  It is a collagen stimulator that replaces lost collagen within and below the deep dermis, restores your skin's foundation to provide the look of fullness.

Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

The primary use for Sculptra

+1

Sculptra's primary use is for longer-term replacement of lost volume in the face. I have many patients who do not mind, and even prefer, the slow improvement they see with Sculptra. They are then really happy with the final, very natural looking result that lasts for years - much longer than that seen with the other fillers. Because it is a water-based suspension, I find it is much easier to distribute more evenly throughout the face. Patients having one to two Sculptra treatment sessions rated their correction as good to excellent 48% of the time. After three treatment sessions this percentage rose to 50%. After four treatment sessions this percentage rose to 67%. After five treatment sessions this percentage rose to 75%. As always, please remember your results depend upon the skill and experience of your physician injector.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/sculptra/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra and Migraines

+1

Sculptra can be an excellent filer to restore lost facial volume.  It does absolutely nothing for migraines.  Botox or Dysport can be very helpful for your migraines!

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Sculptra, Smoke and Mirrors?

+1

I have never found that Sculptra was a very good product.  It relies on a tissue response from the patient that I think rarely happens to any extent.  I have had some limited success with Sculptra in HIV patients who didn't need to personally pay for the product.  I was able to use 10's of thousands of dollars worth of product on these patients and did get results.  I don't see Sculptra as a viable option for the vast majority of people who can't spend $10k/year (or more) to have Sculptra injected in their face, especially considering the limited results that you get.

I much prefer Radiesse for facial volumizing and Restylane/Juvederm for crease filling.

Web reference: http://www.dr-apo.com/lunchtime-procedures/restylane/

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra is used as a facial filler

+1
I, too, am not a fan and prefer to use Radiesse or Restylane which produce results must faster and more consistently. All the facial fillers act by replacing lost volume in the face. Some are virtually identical and are marketed by different manufacturers while others vary in the density of the filler material.

No, I am afraid that Sculptra is not approved for Migraines.

+1

I am not a huge Sculptra fan, I must admit.  The reason for this, is that so many of my patients are looking for immediate help.  Sculptra relies on a tissue reaction to the material for the volume effect.  There are many injectors who very much like sculptra.  I personally like the immediate results we get from Restylane and Perlane and the fact that these two fillers can be adjusted after treatment if necessary.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Sculptra helps restore your body's own natural collagen

+1

Sculptra is an excellent option for facial rejuevenation. It helps your skin restore it's own natural collagen and I've seen the results last 2-4 years. Several treatments are necessary, usually done at about 6 week intervals.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.