What Type of Work Do I Need For Areola Work and Larger Breasts With Minimal Scarring?

I am 28 and wish to have Fuller perkier breasts. My main problem however is I hate my areolas. They are not defined and speckle out at the edges. I believe it may be hereditary. I want larger breasts minimal scarring,.no rippling and Most of all normal areolas. However I prefer a larger areola to a smaller one. What do u recommend

Breast augmentation, more defined areolae.

+1

I'm having a difficult time conceptualizes the appearance of your areolae. A photo would certainly help me and any other surgeons may answer to query. 

it is normal not to have a sharp distinction between the darkly pigmented area over the more lightly pigmented breast skin. there is usually gradual fade from one to the other. After a breast lift the margin becomes quite distinct and if that is the appearance to her seeking making an incision around the areola and excising the narrow area of color change wil probably give you the change you are seeking. It is not necessary to decrease the size of the areolar when doing this. 

SInce ripples are an issue, best bet will be silicone gel implants, below the muscle.

Thanks, and best wishes.

Options to achieve larger breasts and change areola shape/size

+1

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to give any recommendations without a physical exam.  However, if your goal is to a fuller breasts, then you may benefit from a breast augmentation procedure.  If you are concerned about the size/shape of your areolas, then a periareolar procedure might be an option for you.  To address the areolas, you would need a scar hidden around your areolar border.  Please visit with a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

It is hard to say without photos but it is common to perform areola surgery at the time of breast lift or breast augmentation.

+1

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast implants and Areola adjustment

+1

People do studies on the "ideal measurements" of all sorts of body parts.  For the areola, the "ideal" diameter is 4.0 centimeters.  Since you did not include a picture, you will have to make that measurement on yourself to see where you stand.  At any rate, from your description, it sounds like you would be a good candidate for an areola reduction.  This is a similar procedure to a peri-areolar breast lift (aka, Benelli lift or donut lift).  We actually use a 4.0 centimeter "cookie cutter" to make an imprint around your nipple.  Any portion of your areola outside of this mark would then be removed.  When the incision is closed, you would have a more defined border to your areola.  If you wanted to put in a breast implant, you could also do this through the same incision.  After everything heals up, you should have a scar that goes around the full circumference of your areola.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Hello

+1

Without an exam or pictures it’s hard to be more exact. In your situation it sounds like you would benefit from an areola reduction and implants. That would define your areolas more like you want them and the implants would give you the perkiness you’re looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS