What Type of Wide Nostril Base Can Be Corrected?

plz give appropriate description and to evaluate to which category ones nose belongs

Nasal nostril narrowing

+1

Multiple types of wide nostrils can be improved upon.  There are several procedures that can be used to achieve nostril narrowing.  As you might expect the results of nostril narrowing can vary depending on the particulars of the nasal anatomy and the procedure that is used for nostril narrowing.

Summit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reduction of Nasal Base

+1

As other posters have stated, almost all nasal base abnormalities can be reduced.  I assume you're asking this question to determine if your base can be reduced - submit a picture so we can evaluate your particular problem.

+1

All types may be corrected. It depends on what type of nostril base you have and the type for which you are looking. An important aspect of such surgery is concealing the incisions in such a way that the natural curvature of the nostril holes are not affected. Also, overcorrection must be avoided to prevent an unnatural look.

Anand D. Patel, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

MUCH to generalized a question. If you could be much more specific and post a photo I'm sure we, the expert posters, would be happy top help. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Nostril reduction

+1

To which category are you referring. Generally speaking, you can perform a nostril sill excision, an alar base excision using  a wedge techiuqe or even debulk the size.

Narrowing Nostrils

+1

Hi India,

Only the nose knows what the the nose knows.  Most nostrils can be narrowed.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Reducing your nostrils from the inside!

+1

For people with darker skin or skin with an increased risk for scar formation, I prefer to reduce the size and width of the nostrils from the inside.  I use a procedure I refined called an internal alaplasty.  This is a procedure that removes excessive tissue of the nostril, from the inside, while rotating and moving the nostril inward.  It is a procedure that has minimal risk and it can be combined with a complete rhinoplasty.  The more common, external approach, works as well but there is always the risk the scar is visible in some cases.  Ultimately, the most important thing is to find a plastic surgeon experienced in nasal reduction surgery-ask to see photo examples! 

Julius W. Few, MD