What Type of Waist Cincher is Allowed After a Brazilian Butt Lift and Lipo?

I have had a brazilian butt lift with lipo to the abdomen, waist and love handles. My doctor gave me the ok to use a waist chincher. Most of the ones I have see have little support rods to help with the shape. I am wondering if there are any contraindications of what waist chinchers are allowed and which ones are not. I am more than six weeks post op and had around 900 ccs taken away. Thank you.

Waist Cincher or Girdle After Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Hello. Compression is VERY important after a Brazilian Butt Lift or Liposuction. I recommend ALL patients to wear Spanx as well as a surgical garment for 6 weeks after surgery. Any type of waist cincher will be okay as long as it provides shape. The compression will help to reduce swelling and shape your figure during recovery. After the six week period you can wear any type. If you have any doubts, be sure to consult your doctor before use.

Jaime Perez MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa