Type of Tummy Tuck For My Case? (photo)

I would like to get a tummy tuck. I went to see a surgeon and he suggested a full with the floating belly button technique. What does this entail? He said if I didn't want a vertical scar the floating BB would be the best route. To me, I think a mini would be good bc I don't seem to have to much loose skin on the bottom to pull it down, but I hear bad things about minis and the floating surgery.

Do a full tummy tuck

+1

Thanks for your question and the pictures.  I would reccomend a full tummy tuck and accept the small vertical scar and get much better contour and skin reduction.  Good luck.

A full tummy tuck is likely your best option.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

Type of #TummyTuck For My Case? (photo) ANS:

+1

I use the Belly button float technique frequently and from your picture, my opinion would be the full tummy. Even if you do have a little vertical incision where your old belly button was, it will be down very low and yet you will have the benefit of a tighter upper abdomen!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Floating the belly button during tummy tuck

+1

You would benefit from the full tummy tuck, and you should not worry too much about the short vertical scar if necessary. The idea of 'floating' the belly button involves releasing the belly button and 'floating' it down the abdomen to a lower position to correct the laxity. We feel the belly button ought to stay just where it belongs, if things are to look right. The mini by the way is not a bad procedure, it is just that so few are really candidates with laxity limited to the lower abdomen, including you.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

You would need a full tummy tuck.

+1

Dont worry about the belly button -- looks like you have plenty of skin and would not have a vertical scar. You are easy to do and should have a great result.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com

Type of Tummy Tuck For My Case

+1

Thank you for your question and for the attached photographs. The photos are quite good, but not comparable to a actual live in person evaluation.

Looking at your photos alone, I think that a full tummy tuck is best, even if you end up with a small vertical scar. A mini-TT alone will leave an unbalanced look.

In my experienced, most patients are not content with a lower navel, even if the position of the navel looks better or at least satisfactory in the surgeon's eye, so I use it uncommonly. Your navel might be a full inch or more lower.  I don't however think it is a bad idea in every setting. 

Thanks and best wishes.

Umbilical float tummy tuck

+1

As you have a high belly button (umbilicus) and little skin excess above your belly button, the umbilical float technique would avoid a vertical scar.  This would be the technique of choice for me in your situation.   A mini tummy tuck will give you a mini result with your anatomy.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon