Two Children, Not Overweight, Just Loose Skin. What Type of Tummy Tuck Do I Need?

I am a 33 year old with 2 children. I am 5' 7" and about 138lbs. With my first pregnancy I gained 50lbs and lost it all within about 4 weeks post preg. I have the saggy skin and what I call "puckered" skin very low on my belly and absolutely hate it. I don't think I need a full tummy tuck but didn't know what other options were out there, if any.

Type of Tummy Tuck for Loose Abdominal Skin

+1

Loose abdominal skin after pregnancy is usually due to stretched skin and the supporting muscles. This is corrected with a full tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) that removes the excess skin and tightens the muscles. It is rare after pregnancy to provide full correction with anything less.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

2 kids, Not Overweight, Jst Loose Skin. What Type Tummy T. Needed?

+1

We used to use Mini tummy tucks much more but now we realize that most women are really candidates for a full TT...But that is not to say that you are not...and if you just have that loose skin from the belly button down, then it may work for you...A real thorough consult with a Board Cert surgeon should be able to clear that up for you...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Probably a full tummy tuck

+1

Anyone who has had children can benefit from a tummy tuck. Usually a full one gives the best result.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Type of Tummy Tuck Best for Me?

+1

Although it is difficult to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures, most patients with your history benefit from full tummy tuck surgery. Consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be helpful to you.

A few words of caution for patients contemplating tummy tuck surgery may be in order:  In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important  for patients seeking abdominal contouring surgery to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve  their chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.