What Type of Tummy Tuck Do I Need? I Am Not Happy with my 1st Fleur De Lis Operation? (photo)

Is It my Fault, Should I Lose More Weight? I had my operation in Dec '12. The surgeon has agreed to repeat the op in the coming weeks but I wonder whether I can achieve a good result as I weigh 210lbs (body fat 30%, 6ft tall) or should I lose more weight, is it loose skin or just fat. The poor results from the first op speak from themselves and I wonder should I go through it all again. Also, shouldn't he have tightened my ab muscles in addition to removing skin. How do I get him to go really tight rather than still having loose areas.

Repeat TT

+2
Hi Sixpack. I am sorry about your results. A few comments. Were you at this weight before this past surgery. You should try to drop 20 more pounds if possible. Go onto a NO carb diet. You can do it. Get a second opinion. Good luck.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Tummy Tuck Do I Need?

+2

When the time is right, repeating the entire procedure makes most sense. It might also be helpful to extend the lower abdominal incision further around the bac, perhaps all the way arouns. If you can get as close as possible to your ideal weight, your outcome will be better. 

Without an actual exam, I can't really tell how much is to be gained by abdominal wall tightening, but I suspect it should be part of the plan. Remaining excess is of both skin and fat. 

I might add that reoperations are not uncommon in patient who have lost large amounts of weight. Best wishes.

Extended abdominoplasty often the best choice in massive weight loss patients.

+2

I'm not sure there's much benefit in losing additional weight. An extended abdominoplasty with both a vertical and horizontal components seems to me the best choice in your particular situation.

Body contouring

+2

Thank you for your photos.  Although a physical exam is needed to make any recommendations, I would likely suggest a circumferential body lift procedure.  Most plastic surgeons refer to a body lift as a circumferential body lift = belt lipectomy.  This procedure is essentially 3 procedures in one: extended tummy tuck + waist/lateral thigh lift + buttock lift (with the option of buttock augmentation).    A physical exam would be needed to make any recommendations.  Please visit with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS