What Type of Surgical Procedure I Will Need to Tighten my Abdomen Skin? (photo)

I'm 5"4 115 pounds, very slim. After my second pregnancy I have more loose skin and a bunch of stretch marks on my abdomen. When I stretch my skin it looks just like the way I wish it will be. Can I get some subjection. (Also are there anything else that can remove stretch marks from legs, bottom, and breast)

Tummy Tuck Removes Loose Skin

+1
Thank you for the photos. A tummy tuck would probably be your best option to remove the loose skin. To a certain extent, your stretch marks may also be addressed, however, not all will be removed. You may want to consider a nonsurgical treatment to minimize the appearance of your stretch marks, such as micro needling.

Tummy tuck will help loose skin and remove stretch marks below the belly button.

+1

Thank you for your question. A tummy tuck can remove stretch marks below the belly button but not above the belly button. Consider 1540 fractional erbium laser treatments for stretch marks above the belly button.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Type of tummy tuck.

+1

Based on the photos you submitted, a full tummy-tuck would be the best option, with some liposuction of the flank/side areas.

best wishes,

Michael

Michael Salzhauer, MD

+1

Depending on the extent of the tightening either a full or mini TT would be for best options in my over the internet opinion///

Tummy tuck abdominoplasty: mini vs standard

+1

A tummy tuck is the same as an abdominoplasty, which removes loose skin, tightens the muscle wall if needed (common after pregnancy) and removes any localized disproportionate fat. While I couldn't say without a consultation, the location of your belly button appears somewhat high. This can make it difficult to keep the scar low without an upside-down "T". Sometimes, if the skin laxity of the upper abdomen is very minimal then a mini-abdominoplasty could be considered, with a variation called an umbilical float.

Richard Baxter, MD

What Type of Surgical Procedure I Will Need to Tighten my Abdomen Skin?

+1

Looking at your photos you appear to have the standard changes after having children, particularly with your petite size.

A full tummy tuck or abdominoplasty will make significant changes for you in that it will remove the skin with the stretch marks from the pubic area to the belly button. The remaining marks above the belly button will be pulled tighter and be less obvious. 

The muscles can also be tightened which will help with the fullness and flatten your tummy well.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is a skin component that can be removed with a tummy tuck.   In addition, any abdominal wall laxity can be improved during the surgery as well.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy-tuck

+1

You will need a tummy-tuck either full or modified to tighten your abdominal muscles and remove the excess skin.

Malcolm D. Paul, MD

Lateral tension abdominoplasty

+1

Dear Joan,

You seem to be a very good candidate for lateral tension abdominoplasty. In this procedure the skin and stretch marks are removed from the area below your belly button and a new bellybutton is fashioned using the existing inner part of your belly button. Unfortunately, there aren't any noninvasive measures to address skin laxity stretch marks in this region.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Good candidate for an abdominoplasty - Best choice

+1

More than likely with your degree of skin laxity and anterior abdominal wall laxity you would be a good candidate for a standard abdominoplasty  with repair of the anterior abdominal wall fascia and excision of excess skin.