What type of surgery should I look at for a nose reduction? (photo)

Looking to reduce the size of my nose. Just trying to get an opinion on what would make it look better, thank you

rhinoplasty candidate for big nose

+1
 A rhinoplasty procedure would involve reduction of the dorsal projection and nasal hump. This is accomplished by shaving down both bone and cartilage and narrowing the bridge with medial and lateral  osteotomies. Also important make tip adjustments and  release the depressor septi ligament, if present, to prevent the tip  from drooping upon smiling.

What Type of Nose Reduction Surgery Would You Recommend?

+1
Obviously a examination by an experienced Plastic Surgeon would be required but from looking at your profile I would suggest the following:
  • I would prefer an open technique.  it gives me better control and I find that using this approach gives me a better chance of reducing the underlying framework and giving a well contoured result
  • Hump removal, Length shortening and bridge reduction would be the goal.  
Good Luck.  

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

What type of surgery should I look at for a nose reduction?

+1
Yes, you are a candidate for a rhinoplasty surgery to refine the size and projection of your nose.  This can be performed through a closed rhinoplasty.  There will be no incision on the outside of your face.  

Surgery for a nasal reduction?

+1
A large nose can be realistically cosmetically reduced and improved with a rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Nose reshaping Surgery

+1
Looking at your profile picture- you are a good candidate for a standard cosmetic rhinoplasty. Make sure to schedule an appointment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in noses. Look at Doctor's before and after pictures. Rhinoplasty is a very unique procedure--- so do your homework and research before you schedule an appointment.  After the doctor examines you in person-- a specific treatment plan will be outlined. 

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty for hump removal and nose reduction.

+1
Rhinoplasty for hump removal and nose reduction. The tip can be refined at the same time but I need to see better photographs.  Face forward and profile photos are preferred.  

+1
The tip and dorsum can be refined through a closed rhinoplasty approach without a visible scar to produce a natural result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

+1
Based on your photo, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Rhinoplasty surgery.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, who is very experienced in Rhinoplasty surgery.  During the exam, discuss your options, concerns, and expectations with your surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Nose reduction is possible through rhinoplasty surgery

+1
Reducing the size of your nose is definitely possible through nose surgery or a rhinoplasty. A face to face consultation with your local plastic surgeons to discuss your specific goals is the best way to meet your expectations with surgery. Online recommendations with limited views of your nose is not the ideal way to determine the optimal approach to achieving your goals. Thank you for sharing your question. Best wishes.
For additional information about rhinoplasty:

Gregory Park, MD