What Type of Surgery Would Be Best for Me? Should I Not Have Breast Augmentation? (photo)

I'm 36C, and I'd like them to be fuller-- not necessarily bigger. The main reason I want to have augmentation is the size difference; my picture'll show that they're asymmetric. One of my major concerns is that my nipples are pierced (since January 2013). Another one of my major concerns is that my weight fluctuates at extremes; I may be 120 one week and 140 the end of month. Moreover, I am mixed with black and white, and blacks are more likely to scar. Maybe I should just do pushups? lol

Pierced Nipples Can Cause Breast Implant Infection

+4

Thank you for your email. A breast augmentation can certainly give you fullness but I usually do not use different sized implants to correct a minor asymmetry such as you have. Using larger implant on one side can make the larger implant visible. Usually using the same size implants for increased fullness produces a nice result.

Be aware that nipple piercing can cause serious infection around breast implants. Since your piercings are old you may not have the problem but alert your surgeon. Certainly I would recommend removing the metal long before breast augmentation surgery,.

Breast Asymmetry

+1

There are variety of procedures that can be improved for breast asymmetry.  It is recommended to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon so that your options can be discussed.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Yes might be corrected with 5th generation lifting mastopexy and assimetrical correction

+1

right side might be corrected properly with minimum scar inside your upper areola putting an asimmterical  smal implants to correct the defect, p'lease check the next  video to realize about  the technique

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Best Option to Improve Breast Symmetry?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.  Your best bet for improved breast symmetry would be breast lifting/reduction of the lower/larger breast. However, as you know the downside of breast lifting are the scars associated with breast lifting surgery. Ultimately, you will need to weigh the pros/cons of proceeding with surgery carefully.  If in doubt, probably best to leave your breasts alone for now.

You may benefit from in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation. You may also find the attached link, devoted to breast asymmetry issues, helpful to you.

Best option may be a breast lift

+1

The best option, in my opinion for your to gain symmetry without enlarging the size of your breasts is to consider a breast lift.  There are other options such as fat injections which will make your breasts larger.  

What Type of Surgery is Best For Me?

+1

Thank you for your question.  If you don't want to be bigger, then implants is not an option.  Also, if you are concerned with scars, then I would recommend fat transfer to the upper poles of the breasts to give your more fullness without increase your projection.  You can see videos and before and after photos on our website.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Breast Symmetry

+1

Implants will make your breasts larger.So if you do not want them larger, do not get implants. Your breasts could be made more symmetric by reducing the larger size breast or you could get two different sized implants. A breast reduction surgery would result in longer incisions. Another option with tiny incisions would be to liposuction the larger breast to make it smaller but the breasts would not be fuller.It would help you to view before and after photos to decide. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Michael Horn, MD

Size difference in breasts

+1

Your breasts are different sizes with the right side being larger. There are many ways to take care of this. The left could be enlarged, the right could be reduced, they could both be enlarged by different amounts. The right nipple is a bit lower than the left and this is partially because of the heavier weight of the right breast. You are worried about scars...and a breast lift or reduction often leaves quite large scars. You might consider a liposuction of the right breast. this will give more equal volume and the nipple often raises up a bit although not necessarily equal to the opposite side. it certainly gives the least scar. This will make you more equal in size but will not make you fuller. That would require the scars of a lift or the implants which leave less scar.With any of these decisions your nipple piercings would need to come out for at least a week or so. Generally they are able to be replaced through the same holes quite easily. You should more conscious of your weight gain and loss since the fluctuations will give more stretch and therefore more sag to the breasts. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help with your decision. Best of luck!

William LoVerme, MD

If you don't want to have larger breasts don't get a breast augmentation.

+1

The breasts in the picture would benefit in shape by a mastopexy. This involves some incisions that have to be weighed in the decision to proceed. If you don't want larger breasts don't have breast implants placed.

What Type of Surgery is Best For Me?

+1

Discuss your weight issues with your Primary Care Physician.  You may have medical issues that you are unaware of.  Your scars can be managed by your Plastic Surgeon during the healing process.  I would not worry about that.  Try on sizers in your Plastic Surgeon's office to determine if extra volume is needed.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss these concerns and expectations.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD