What Type of Surgery Should I Be Looking Into? And What Do You Think the Cost of It Could Be? (photo)

I've had a crooked nose from pretty much birth. Why my nose is crooked is because when I was born, I couldn't eat properly so I had to have a tube go up through my nose and down my throat into my stomach so I could eat properly. Anyway, this is what my nose looks like now. I know it varies depending on location and which doctor I should see, but a rough estimate if you can?

Surgery to correct a deviated nose

+2

Rhinoplasty surgery can be used to create a straighter nose. This is a pretty common goal of rhinoplasty surgery. You'll want to find a surgeon who is experienced in this type of procedure and who also gets consistent results.

You're right that surgery costs will vary quite a bit depending on a variety of factors. A rough range including anesthesia and operating room fees would likely be in the $6000-9000 range on average.

You can learn more about crooked nose repair at my web reference link below.

What Type of Surgery Should I Be Looking Into? And What Do You Think the Cost of It Could Be?

+1

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your question and photos.  You made a nice adjustment by mirror imaging the left side of your nose to the right.  Symmetry is everything in plastic surgery.  In Scottsdale, Rhinoplasty averages about 7-9 thousand including anesthesia, hospital charges, surgeon charges, and follow up care.

PAblo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

A Closed Rhinoplasty, depending on the location and experience of the Rhinoplasty Surgeon can be $8,000 - $12,000 depending on what exactly neds to be done to your nose.  It is a bit crooked but the tip could also be refined with a Rhinoplasty.  Hope this helps.

Best Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Sarah,

A rhinoplasty can help you achieve your nasal aesthetic goals.  The most important aspect for you is that you choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Surgery for Crooked Nose

+1

A rhinoplasty would be done to improve your crooked asymmetrical nose. Select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon because straightening a crooked nose is one of the most challenging nasal procedures that we do. Cost will vary but the charge for the operation, anesthesia, and operating room will be $7,000-10,000.

Crooked Nose Rhinoplasty

+1

Your crooked nose is very amenable to correction by rhinoplasty as you illustrated. A rough cost estimate will be between $5,000 to $ 6,000 but these numbers will be different for various plastic surgeons.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cost of a rhinoplasty

+1

The cost of a rhinoplasty is dependent upon the surgeon, the location and complexity of the surgery. A primary rhinoplasty is less expensive than a revision.  It's important to shop quality, not price. Straightening a crooked nose  will require osteotomies and a unilateral spreader graft to straighten the nose. Please see the link below for examples of  crooked noses we have straightened in our practice. Our price list is also located on our website.

+1

A crooked nose will never be perfectly straight, but it can be much improved.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA