Is There a Type of Surgery to Achieve the Look?

I am african american and my eyes are large and round. However I would like for them to be longer and more ellipitcal/oval shaped.Is there a surgery that can help me achieve this look. I have been researaching lateral cantoplasty. I guess I would like them almond shaped without being too upturned on the sides with an Asian slant. Is there a type of surgery to achieve this look?

Eyelid Surgery

+1

This procedure can give you a different look, but just be careful to listen to the different risks, and be ready to accept them, and the possible asymmetry.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

One other option is endoscopic lateral brow lift or subcutaneous temporal lift. These techniques will achieve the almond shape to the eyes without canthal repositioning.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral canthoplasty is not a cosmetic surgery.

+1

Candyland

No photos so we are left guess what your actual issue is.  There are all sorts of surgeries.  The important thing is not being damaged by well meaning surgeons.  Canthal surgery is often suggested and may be a way of altering the lateral shape of the eyes.  However, please recognized that ultimately, canthal surgery is not cosmetic surgery but rather a type of reconstructive surgery.  As such it is very possible that unanticipated changes can result when your surgeon employs these types of procedures.  This is very expensive real estate to play with.  You might find the original surgery affordable only to find the reconstructive surgery needed to correct what you have done, monumentally expensive.  I recommend caution in having canthal surgery.

Canthoplasty

+1

Lateral canthoplasty, with or without lower eyelid elevation, can improve the rounding of the eye. However, it is important not to compromise the function of the eyelids by surgery.  You also don't want the results to be un-natural. You should consult an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr Taban

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty and Eye shapes.

+1

Answer is: lower eyelid canthoplasty. 

Changing eye shape can be challenging. You need to keep in mind that you will acquire a scar in order to get the shape you want. To give an almond shape to your eyes then you will need to undergo what we call: lateral canthoplasty and then pexy. It means that the lateral aspect of the lower eyelid is cut (the skin and tendon underneath) and then tacked in a more superior position to the underlying bone so your lower eyelid will be slanted up. but you will have a scar (small but still a scar) at the corner of the eye. 

Henri P. Gaboriau, MD