What Type of Surgeries Do I Need to Improve my Profile? (photo)

I am considering plastic surgery to fix my profile, I thought on fixing my nose but some one said that some times it is the structure of the chin what makes you nose look bigger than it is. what do you think? should I get a chin implant

Surgeries to improve profile

+1

A chin implant is an excellent operation to augment the chin profile and create the appearance of a stronger jaw line.  In the presence of a stronger jaw line the nose will look less prominent.  A chin implant is inserted through a submental incision underneath the chin and directly over the bone to increase an augmented chin profile.  This can be performed under local or general anesthesia.  Most patients prefer a local anesthesia.

Rhinoplasty recommendations based on profile photo

+1

Looking at your profile photo there are couple of things that could be improved about your nose:

1. You have a small dorsal hump which needs to be filed down

2. The top of your bridge seems to be slightly low (at least on this picture) thus accentuating your dorsal hump.  This may be improved by placing a graft over it.

3. Your tip lacks some projection as compared to the length of your dorsum and the upper lip.

4. And yes, if you want to achieve a better harmony in your face, you need a chin implant.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Chin implant

+1

Yes. Your profile will be improved with rhinoplasty and chin implant. Balancing the nose avoids the illusion of still being "too" big.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose & Chin

+1

Your profile will be improved with reduction rhinoplasty and reasonalbe chin augmentation.  There are several excellent approaches to both of these procedures.  Therefore, ask your doctors how they will perform the surgery.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin

+1

Very commonly a rhinoplasty is done in conjunction with a chin implant.  These can be done together or separately.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant often done together.

+1

Rhinoplasty and chin implant often done together. Your chin is receded and your nose has a convex curve instead of being straight. Both would improve your looks and can be done together or separately. Choose an experienced surgeon for the best results.

You can alway have a chin implant.

+1

What impresses me when I look at your profile is that you have just a subtle hump in the dorsum of your nose.  I suspect that a very minimal rhinoplasty to soften this feature may have a profound effect on how your perceive your appearance.  Given this, I would encourage you to do less and start with only a rhinoplasty.  I recommend that you carefully do your home work on finding a nasal surgeon were you live.  Remember that facial plastic surgeon (board certified otolaryngologist with additional fellowship training in facial plastic surgery) receive much more formal training in rhinoplasty than general plastic surgeons.  Both types of surgeon will offer rhinoplasty were you live.  Study their websites, get more than one opinion, and decide who you are most comfortable with, and don't allow yourself to get coerced to have more surgery than you are comfortable with.