What Type of Rhinoplasty is Suitable? (photo)

I have thick and oily Indian skin.My nose is very big from my face. My nose bridge is not defined. I want a sharper and defined nose bridge, a more pointy and slimmer tip. Is my nose upturned should I get it fixed? Should I get my nostrils narrowed too? Will Osteotomy help me in getting what I want? All I want is a Slim and properly defined nose. I completely lost at what I should do. I really don't care whether I'll look different after the surgery or not but can my nose be slimmed and defined.

Great Candidate With Indian Ethnicity For Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos, it appears that you are great candidate for a multifaceted rhinoplasty.

You have a crooked nose (looks like you have had a nasal trauma possibly breaking your nose), an over-projected tip with wide nasal dorsum. Bottom line, your nose will look narrower and smaller after a conservative rhinoplasty conserving your ethnic features and taking into consideration your facial features to keep your nose looking natural.

I have had extensive experience with noses like yours and you will see a great difference after a rhinoplasty especially with the thick oily skin you have.

That being said please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Rhinoplasty can address multiple issues

+1

There are multiple issues going on with this nose, including what appears to be a nasal fracture, twist, over-projection, and thick, olive, oily skin.  The twisting of the nose can be best addressed with osteotomies and possibly a spreader graft on the concaved side.  The dorsal reduction and decreased projection is performed by removal of the septal hump.  Patients with thick, olive, oily skin will require a series of Kenalog shots in the supratip area of the nose during the first 3-4 months after the surgery to prevent pollybeak deformity.

Rhinoplasty planning.

+1

From your photos the following major issues call out to me:

·         Excess dorsal projection and tip projection.

·         Excess width across the dorsum and tip.

·         Poorly defined nasal tip.

·         Assymetry and deviation with increased prominence to your right side.

·         Underprojected chin contributing to a convex facial profile.

I recommend a well planned and properly executed reduction rhinoplasty and chin augmentation.  For chin augmentation I recommend advancement of the chin bone (sliding genioplasty) over a chin implant?  Why?  Because it avoids a scar under your chin, avoids putting a hunk of rubber (silastic) or plastic (polyethylene) in your face and therefore avoids all of the attendant problems that can ensue long term such as infection, migration, extrusion, foriegn body reaction and bone resorption that lead to an approximate long term revision rate of 10 to 15 % with chin implants.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Reduction

+1

You do have a wide, crooked nose with thick skin that is out of proportion with the rest of your face. It is very important that you see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon because you probably have weak cartilages that need to be properly supported with surgery so you are able to achieve a more defined nasal shape.