I'm 19 yrs old and I broken my nose. What Type of Rhinoplasty Procedure Would You Recommend for This Nose? (Photo)

Hi there, I've been thinking about having rhinoplasty for a while now and I thought this site is a good place to start. To begin, I've broken my nose when I was 11 (19 now) and it was kinda crooked at a particular side angle. By looking at these pictures, what kind of rhinoplasty procedure would you feel is best to fix my nose. I'm looking for a professional opinion. Thanks.

Your rhinoplasty requires expert work on the tip, besides the hump removal

+4

You have a hump that can be reduced. In addition, the size of the hump disguises some other large features of your nose: your nose is strong in its forward projection from the face, and it is long, too, with the tip low. I made some morphs for you at the web reference link, to show changing all of those features. If only the hump is removed, your nose will almost certainly look too big to you. You need to select a surgeon who can show you that he knows how to deproject and shorten a nose, changes that are much more complicated than simply removing a hump.
Other problems resulting from the previous trauma can be addressed at the same time as the rhinoplasty.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for hump on bridge

+1

Your photos are indadequate as there is no in focus true front view to show how crooked the bridge is. All of your photos are oblique. The bridge obviously has a large hump and that contributes to excess forward projection of the tip. That hump has a bone upper portion and cartilage lower portion that can be removed in standard rhinoplasty surgery. The resulting open roof will have to be closed by tipping the bone sidewalls towards the midline. The question is will that alone suffice to bring the tip forward projection backward enough and I cannot tell from these photos.

I suspect the broken nose incident shifted your bridge to the left and that will have to be addressed but I cannot tell from these photos what needs to be done.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

What Type of Rhinoplasty Procedure Would You Recommend for This Nose?

+1

A full septal-rhinoplasty done by boarded surgeons. Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations. Good luck. 

Rhinoplasty for crooked nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure would involve shaving off a large and crooked hump, osteotomies, and some minor adjustments to the tip to make sure it balances with the remainder of the nose. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available  on our website  for you to try out to give you an idea what can  be accomplished.

Rhinoplasty and males

+1

It looks like you have a large dorsal hump which can be filed down and the tip can be modified as well. Best to be seen in person. Good luck.

Rhinoplasty to remove the bump with or without tip work.

+1

Rhinoplasty to remove the bump with or without tip work is what you need. Make sure you see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for this procedure. I would need better pictures 

+1

If you would like the hump reduced, this can be done with a closed rhinoplasty.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Changes with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

The only change I would recommend, based on these pictures, is to remove the large hump. Please go to my website for instructions on how to take pictures for nasal evaluation. Please send them because without different views any recommendation would be speculative.