What Type of Rhinoplasty Procedure Would You Recommend for This Nose? (photo)

Hello there, i'm contemplating having rhinoplasty. By looking at these pictures, what do you recommend? From a professional opinion, is it needed or not.

Open Rhinoplasty

+3

I rhinoplasty would enhance your face and bring out your other nice features (eyes, cheek bones, jawline...) I would recommend lowering the dorsum, narrowing the nasal bones and refining the tip with excision and suture contouring techniques.  In my hands, I can achieve this best with an "open" approach.  Hope that helps.

Arizona Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement, and reducing bulbous tip.

+3

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement, and reducing bulbous tip is what would make your nose more harmonious with the rest of your face. You have a short nose so make sure you see a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon so you do not end up with a piggy nose.

Rhinoplasty preoperative

+3

First you are starting at a nice point and the goal is to enhance your present appearance. With the limited photos you provide it appears a lowering of the nasal dorsum and refinement of the nasal tip would be a nice improvement.

Web reference: http://www.plasticsurg.org/plastic-surgery-chicago.html

Planning rhinoplasty

+3

Before considering what type of rhinoplasty, open or closed, full or tip only, it is important to consider the overall plan. Often this starts with a look at what changes are to be made and what the goals are. Computer imaging to plan is very helpful to try out changes best for you.

peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Should I have nose reshaped?

+3
Well done rhinoplasty would, in my opinion, enhance your already considerable allure. Changes should be slight, but real: Lower the top of your nose, refine the tip and stabilize it's projection, narrow the base and top. WOW!

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

Rhinoplasty nose reshaping procedure.

+2

The pictures give a very limited amount of information which in turn limits the scope of any real recommendations that can be made. It appears that you have a classic dorsal hump with adequate tip projection.  It is impossible to evaluate the support of that tip though. It appears that the skin is of moderate thickness and I can't tell anything about the function of the nose; in other words what is air flow like. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that you will need a hump resection and in-fracture. You may need spreader grafts and you may need a reduction of the lower lateral cartilage.  If there is little to no work needed on the tip I may do this through a closed approach but I would other wise perform it open. 

Rhinoplasty

+2

I would perform a closed rhinoplasty removing the bump on your nose. I would refine the tip cartilage and would need to fracture the bones to get the nicest result. Internal work for breathing would depend on what is found at the Time of your examination.  The most important decision you will make is the selection of the right surgeon, whether it is done open or closed.  Consult a few plastic surgeons and try to find examples of their work that you like and patients whose nose looks  like yours.   That would be my best advice.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/face/rhinoplasty/

What Type of Rhinoplasty Procedure Would You Recommend for This Nose?

+2

From the photos, there is a dorsal humop and some fullness of the nasal tip.  The big thing to note, IMHO, is that your nasal tip is already rotated at the upper limits of the aesthetic norm at 115 degrees.  This becomes important in selecting the appropriate technique of thinning the tip that will not allow any tip rotation.  Once the tip is rotated beyond 115 degrees, the nose appears short with that "piggy look" that's not aestheticall pleasing.

The thickness and shape of the nostrils, where they meet the cheeks, can't be changed but using a Closed Rhinoplasty the nasal humps would be removed, bones broken to close the space created by hump removal and the nasal tip thinned using a retrograde tip plasty which would not cause any tip rotation.  I think this would allow your nose to more aesthetically fit you pretty, feminine face.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Best Rhinoplasty (and Tiplasty) Procedure for Nose with Dorsal Hump and Unrefined Tip

+2

Hi M,

Rhinoplasty is performed to improve the aesthetic appearance of the nose.  It is never "needed", but is an elective surgical procedure performed to help patients achieve their desired aesthetic goal.  It is a decision that should be made by the prospective rhinoplasty patients based upon how much their nose bothers them cosmetically, and how long they have wished to change their nose. 

A great nose gets out of the way of the other facial features, particularly your eyes.  What you may find slightly distracting about your nose is the slight bump on the profile, and the slight fullness of your tip.  If desired, your nasal aesthetic appearance can be refined by conservative profile-plasty, and tiplasty (conservative rhinoplasty, a rhinoplasty that "could fool your Mother").  It is most important to convey your concerns and desires to your rhinoplasty surgeon.  Most importantly choose your surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Needed

+2

You are very pretty and good clearly forget surgery. But, if you want to improve on near perfection a close rhinoplasty would help. Tip refinement with a little rotation and suppoting strut along with tailoring of the dorsum and lateral ostotomies could all be done in a closed procedure

Web reference: http://www.drbtay.com