What Type of Rhinoplasty Should I Opt For? (photo)

My nose is too wide in relation to my mouth and face. My side profile seems alright, but my frontal profile is what bothers me. My tip is so undefined, and my nostrils are uneven and and one side seems to be slanted sideways a bit. I know I want it fixed, and I've saved up enough money to do so, but I'm not sure exactly what I should be asking for.

Tip Reduction and Nasal Base Reduction

+1

Both the tip and nasal base can be reduced to your specifications with a closed rhinoplasty.  Try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has done hundreds of these.

What type of Rhinoplasty

+1

As others have stated, your concerns are quite accurate. While you need to see an experienced surgeon with a consult, from what you are stating and what I see in your photos, a rhinoplasty with tip work would be best. Many decisions are intra-operative but I would consider  work on your lower cartilages, possible tip grafting as well as alar base reduction. See if your surgeon agrees.

Hope this helps.

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Select a Board certified Plastic Surgeon that has alot of experience with rhinoplasty. Be sure they listen to your concerns which are all very perceptive. Allow your surgeon to select the techniques to achieve the goals that you are interested in. Good luck.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will select the correct steps.

+1

hi.

Your analysis is pretty accurate.  You do have a full wide nasal tip, but it is made worse in contrast because the bridge (higher up) is narrow and small.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty Recommendation

+1

Based on the photos you provided, I would recommend you considering rhinoplasty surgery with an emphasis on tip refinement and narrowing. You might also want to consider possible alar base narrowing for overall improved balance. Wishing you the best of luck.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip plasty and alar bas procedure

+1

Of course, an exam in person is essential, you may be a good candidate for a tip rhinoplasty and alar base procedure.

What Type of Rhinoplasty Should I Opt For?

+1

Aesthetically, your nose has a wide tip.  A Tip Plasty without a full Rhinoplasty would be able to thin the nose.  

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear Monalisa174,

• The results that you are looking for can be achieved with rhinoplasty surgery
  • The degree of tip refinement would be dictated by the thickness of your skin, and it will look better
  • The nostril asymmetry can be addressed, although it can be difficult to achieve perfect symmetry after surgery, but again, it will be better
  • When you are ready, visit a few surgeons to feel comfortable with the one you pick

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Expressing aesthetic goals during rhinoplasty

+1

I think you've done an excellent job of describing your concerns and expressing what you would like to achieve  Your job now is to do your research to find a board-certified rhinoplasty specialist.  Once you find a few and schedule consultations, stating your goals exactly as you did above will be more than adequate.  Your surgeon will be able to tell you which techniques are most appropriate to address your concerns.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Bulbous Nose

+1

Dear ML714,

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.  I certainly see what you're referring to.  I would suggest you discuss options to address a bulbous tip and wide alar base.  I would suggest an open rhinoplasty, but again that would depend on what was found on physical examination.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)