What Type of Rhinoplasty is Needed to Make my Nose Less Ball Shaped/bulbous but Not Fake Looking?

I've never been happy with my nose, it's always the first thing I notice when looking in the mirror and it's due to the bulbous nature/ball shape it has to it. It lacks definition and always has seemed too fat for my face since i already have big cheeks, giving me a less feminine look..I would like to make my nose more petite, but more so towards the front. How can I change the very bulbous look of my nose but keeping it natural looking?

Bulbous Tip Correction

+1

I would improve your tip with cartilage removal (cephalic trims) and sutures to narrow it a bit.  This could be done through a closed approach (without visible scars), and the result would not be pinched or pointed but natural.

Nasal Tip Refinement

+1

Nasal tip refinement can be achieving by addressing the underlying cartilage anatomy.  Conservative trimming and suturing techniques will help refine the tip.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can best assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Thick tip

+1

Thick nasal skinover the tip  will be a significant limitation to obtaining more definition.  Tip cartilage suturing techniques and conservative cartilage removal  can give a moderate improvement

Nasal tip issues

+1

It appears that you have very thick skin. This can make it difficult to get really good definition.  Best to go for an exam.

Bulbous or round nasal tip

+1

One of the most frequent concerns patients have is a round or poorly defined tip.

Most surgeons can give you a sharper nasal tip, but the question is how sharp?

Your skin thickness is a primary limitation on how sharp of a result you can obtain.  In patients with thicker skin, it is critical that the cartilage structure underneath is made unnaturally sharp.  It feels ununusual during surgery to make the structure of the nose look so sharp, but it is the only dependable way to get a sharp a result as possible.

Pramit Malhotra, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip.

+1

Your tip can be refined but you need a VERY experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  I have seen many patients like u over the past 35 years who had a short nose like yours and ended up with a "piggy" nose--so choose wisely. 

Nasal Tip Reshaping for a Bulbous Nose

+1

You primarily need a tip rhinoplasty procedure to give your tip more definition. This can be accomplished with either an open or closed rhinoplasty approach. The final decision would depend on your surgeon's comfort level with each approach. Make sure you see plenty of photos representing their work prior to deciding who will do your nose. Good luck.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Finesse rhinoplasty is a great option

+1

A procedure specifically addressing the refinement of the nasal tip is called tip rhinoplasty.  This will use techniques involving sutures and sculpting of the cartilage to refine the nose.  This will achieve the tip you desire.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon