What type of rhinoplasty would help to shape my nose in a way that is asthetically pleasing to my facial structure? (Photo)

I am considering a rhinoplasty but don't even know where to begin. I have researched some doctors and procedures but I don't even know exactly what I would need. Open, closed, tip reshape? I don't hate my nose but it seems like it could be better shaped and sized for my face. I would like it to compliment me and not be too drastic of a change. I just hate how big it is (especially around nostrils and tip) compared to my little face. What would be best for me? Thank you!!

What type of rhinoplasty would help?

+2
The first question I always ask in a rhinoplasty consultation is "What is it about your nose that you don't like?"  It is not a matter of what I can do, but what is it that you don't like and I consider it my job to tell you what I can do to address those concerns. Your concerns seem a little unfocused. I do see a nose that many would consider a very nice "after" result if they were to have that. I am not sure your nose is the issue. Your profile suggests that maybe some chin work would help balance your face. But with that comment, that gets away from the central issue at hand - what is bothering you - specifically. Good luck.

Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Go carefully when considering rhinoplasty

+2
Rhinoplasty has been called the hardest little operation to do in plastic surgery. The results are difficult to exactly predict and in a case like yours where the nose has no bump and where the tip isn't hanging down nor is it too wide, there is often much more potential harm than good in doing surgery. Many folks would gladly trade to have your current nose!

Yes, you have a little bit of overprotection compared to some, but taking the tip back may round it or blunt it and you might not like that. If you look at your profile photo (side view) you appear to have a weak chin. Perhaps just doing a chin implant will strengthen your facial structures and your nose will balance better and will look relatively smaller.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

+1
 The photographs show an overly projecting nose, and under projecting chin. De-projecting the nose with rhinoplasty would involve bringing the tip back yet still  maintaining a nice aesthetic profile. The bridge can be narrowed with osteotomies.
A chin implant can add more projection to the mandible which will help balance your facial features and balance the chin better with the nose.

What type of rhinoplasty would help to shape my nose in a way that is asthetically pleasing to my facial structure?

+1
   The tip can be deprojected and possibly refined a bit.  This can be done in closed fashion.

Rhinoplasty

+1
in many ways you have a fantastic nose.  From your profile it would appear that you could maybe use some projection of the chin which would put the nose and better balance with the face.  You have a very nice tip and architecture to the bone and cartilage of the nose.  If I would make any recommendations that would probably be too deprojected tip slightly, minimal cephalic trim of the lower lateral cartilages which would make your tip look a little more refined and minimal reduction of the nasal bones such that the profile does not look sloped or scooped out.  I would very much agree with Dr. Rand that this is a nice nose so approach any serious consideration to alter it with the appropriate amount of gravity.

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
Best to seek ONLY IN PERSON opinions! I might recommend a full rhinoplasty with chin implant... Good Luck...

Rhinoplasty?

+1
Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that is highly trained in Rhinoplasty surgery.  You are a candidate for a conservative Rhinoplasty and possible chin implant.  Rhinoplasty has been called the hardest operation to do in plastic surgery, so experience is key.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rhinoplasty?

+1
A conservative rhinoplasty with tip modification and a chin implant would improve your facial balance greatly. They are commonly performed in combination and done as an outpatient.

good luck!

David Shifrin, MD

Exploring rhinoplasty

+1
One of best way we know of to help understand what 'type' of rhinoplasty looks best is through the use of computer simulation on your 'before' photos. This way changes can be tried and demonstrated on your particular features to determine just what the ideal should be for your nose.

What Type of Rhinoplasty for My Nose?

+1
Rather than trying to determine what type of rhinoplasty would be best I suggest you decide what if anything you don't like about your nose. After giving that some thought sit down with a nasal specialist to to take advantage of their expertise re aesthetics and alternatives. It is nearly impossible to have that exchange in this forum.