What Type of Rhinoplasty Should I Get for a Long Nose w/ Wide Nostrils?

I hate my nose but i am confused about whay sort of nose job i should get.Well my nose is kinda long with wide nostrils.Picture is included so PLEASE HELP. And i am indian american.

Thick wide nose needs extra attention

+2

Your nose has thicker skin in addition to having the concerns you voice about its being wide and long.  Special attention must be given to optimize your skin thickness either medically or surgically during the perioperiative managment.  Narrowing you nostrils may require incisions at the base of your nostrils.  An in-person consultation is mandatory to fully diagnose your nasal anatomy and to determine feasbilities of a rhinoplastic goal and a detailed plan.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for long nose w/wide nostrils

+1

The rhinoplasty operation is performed for multiple different reasons. Narrowing and refining the nasal tip and bridge, shortening the nose, and narrowing the nostrils are all goals that can be accomplished through a closed rhinoplasty technique. It is best to have the incisions placed on the internal portion of the nose as in a closed rhinoplasty.  

Rhinoplasty for the long nose with wide nostrils.

+1

The answer is to choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does many ethnic rhinoplasties and makes a natural, non surgical nose that fits your face.

Long nose with thick skin and wide nostrils needs ethnic rhinoplasty.

+1

You display the classic characteristics of many of my ethnic rhinoplasty patients. Your nasal shape needs to be addressed by creating a natural and optimal balance between your plunging nasal tip, alar (nostril) flaring, wide nasal base, thick skin and unrefied nasal tip.  All this should be harmonoously shaped using ethnic rhinoplasty techniques, skin thinning, alar base narrowing, dorsal aesthetic shadow creations, and raising/refining and projecting the tip.  While the photo you supplied limits us in this forum, these alterations are likely needed for you to be happy with a natural result that does not look like it should not belong on your face with your ethnic facial traits.

The link below may help answer some of your concerns. Many ethnic patients are also shown in the gallery of the site.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

What kind of nose job is the right one for me?

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient from Indiana,
Reviewing limited picture of your nose reveals strong bony structure, wide nasal base, and droopy tip. As it is mentioned before a well-done rhinoplasty is a good one. I would recommend an open rhinoplasty. You need to make appointments with two to three rhinoplasty surgeons to have a better idea about what is appropriate for you. Good luck

Kevin Sadati, DO

+1

To directly answer the question - a good rhinoplasty is what you need. But seriously only an in person evaluation is the way to go. Find 3 boarded surgeons in your area than go see them. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski

Rhinoplasty - what sort of nose job

+1

The best way for you to find an answer to your question is to meet in consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon.  He/she will be able to discuss with you the specific things about your nose you dislike and help you set realistic expectations about what can be achieved with rhinoplasty surgery.  Sometimes patients have trouble expressing what bothers them or what they would like to look like, so I also recommend bringing pictures of noses you like and dislike and noting what you like or dislike about them.  This will help you and your surgeon come to a better understanding of what you hope to achieve.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Long nose and wide nostrils

+1

First and foremost you need to seek consultation for your concerns.  Second, there is no specific named operation for what you desire, but changes in length and nostril width are treated all the time with various techniques.

Best ways to correct a long and flaring nose

+1

Regarding: "What Type of Rhinoplasty Should I Get for a Long Nose w/ Wide Nostrils? I hate my nose but i am confused about whay sort of nose job i should get.Well my nose is kinda long with wide nostrils.Picture is included so PLEASE HELP. And i am indian american."

Being asked to judge a nose with a single photograph feels just like a mechanic must feel with a car owner trying to imitate a sound a car makes. We both need more information, the best of which is gained by actually examining the nose (engine).

Assuming you want a more Western Caucasian nose, your nose would require refinement of the tip, rotation of the droopy tip after correcting the visibility of the septum from the sides (columellar show) by shortening the front septum, correcting flaring of the nose and narrowing of the nose by breaking and moving the side walls in among others.

The best way to know what could (never "should") be done, is to collect photographs of noses you like and dislike and take them to a qualified nose surgeon. He will be able to tell you what operation would get you closer to your goal.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may be used to shorten your nose and narrow your nostrils.

+1

Based on your concerns and the frontal photo you posted, you appear to be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery. You should consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists, and review your surgeon's photos before proceeding with surgery. Nasal shortening and nostril narrowing are common concerns that may be addressed with well-performed rhinoplasty surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon