Which Type of Retainer to Fix Top Two Front Teeth - Hawley with Springs or Bloore?

I have had two Orthodontic consultations to find out about moving my top two front teeth that have rotated inward. One Orthodontist said that a Hawley with springs retainer would do it and the other said a Bloore retainer would do it. The quote for the Bloore retainer was much less and she said it was better at rotating the teeth than the Hawley with springs retainer. I have searched the Internet and haven't found much info. comparing the two types. Thanks.

What Type of Retainer to Straighten Front Teeth?

Truth be told, NO retainer will straighten teeth. Retainers are made to retain teeth or keep them where they are. However, a Hawley retainer with finger springs will move teeth but offers little control for rotating teeth. My preferences for aligning anterior teeth that require rotations are: Bloore, Essix or Inman appliances. All of these appliances work well with good patient compliance.

Good luck!

Tustin Cosmetic Dentist