Is This Type of Result Possible from a Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have used a computer program to edit my nose in a photo, according to approximately what I would like it to look like. I would like the bridge to be very reduced. Could this reduction cause my nose to collapse? In this case, would an implant be used to support it? I also would like my columella to be lower than the alar, and I wish my nose tip to be smaller and thinner, while having a slightly pointy profile rather than a very round one. Are these adjustments possible on my nose?

Computer imaging results

+2

It seems reasonable to reduce your dorsum like you did on the photoshopped photo, although a true lateral would be helpful.

Realistic Rhinoplasty Imaging

+2

I think most of your imaged results are realistic with the exception of the amount of nasal tip shortening. You have to remember that there is thick skin over the nasal tip that will only shrink so much. Your nasal tip can be shortened but whether it can be as short as you have imaged is not an absolute certainty.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Realistic rhinoplasty expectations

+2

Yes, those are realistic expectations that can be  obtainable through a closed rhinoplasty. Most likely no cartilage grafting will be necessary for this nose,  and a dorsal implant is not necessary either.   For examples of noses  similar to your own who've undergone rhinoplasty, please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery. Virtual rhinoplasty software is also available on our website for you to try out in  other dimensions.

Rhinoplasty to reduce bridge

+2

Dear abnfl,

• Those results are realistic
  • The nose is a 3D structure that needs to be changed so that everything becomes more proportional, including changing the columella
  • Collapse can be avoided by cartilage grafting instead of removing cartilage
  • When you are ready, please visit a rhinoplasty surgeon who can address your concerns and answer all of your questions

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Morphing to Evaluate Nasal Changes

+2

Your goals seem to be realistic, but the final recommendations will be made after consultation and examination of your nose. While a surgeon can never say never, the risk of a bridge collapse after reduction is almost non-existent if the operation is done by a rhinoplasty specialist. 

Possibility of achieving computer-morphed image with rhinoplasty

+2

I think the computer-morphed image you have provided is both aesthetically pleasing and realistically attainable.  Reducing your dorsum would likely necessitate supporting the middle vault (nasal valve) with spreader grafts - not an implant.  Osteotomies (nasal bone fracturing) may also have to be performed to bring the bones closer together, making your bridge more narrow.  The tip changes you describe are straightforward for an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Reasonable Expectations for Rhinoplasty

+1

Those changes you have made are not unrealistic, although the nose will not look exactly like the image you have made due to individual healing responses.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA