What Type of Procedures Do I Need? (photo)

I am considering rhinoplasty to reduce the dorsal hump, and was wondering what other modifications I should possibly expect to have done with it. Tip reduction? Straightening? I do not have 100% airflow through my nostrils (never have). I tried a similar post yesterday, but don't think the photos attached. Thank you.

What Type of Procedures Do I Need?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, the dorsal hump should be reduced and the nasal tip thinned.  The chin is also weak and the cheeks are flat making the face appear eleongated with an unbalanced lower face.  In addition to Rhinoplasty, you may want to consider Cheek Augmentation with Cheek Implants as well as Chin Augmentation with a Chin Implant. Hope this helps.

Tip plasty with a slight tip elevation

+1
  • In addition to straightening your profile I would advise you to reduce the bulk of your tip and to slightly elevate it as well.

David A. Ross, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Nosejob4me,

I think it would be advantages for you while seeking consultation to see a surgeon who uses a digital imaging computer this will be able to show you the surgeons proposed results. I use this during my rhinoplasty consultations and then I can show the patients before and after pictures as well as the imaging photos to show how close in proximity the final results are to the expected results. It is important in rhinoplasty surgery to give the patient a natural looking nose that helps compliment the entire facial features and to keep your masculine aesthetics. In your case the nasal dorsum needs to be reduced, osteotomies and tip work to bring symmetry to the tip. You probably need septal work to fix your deviated septum and possible turbinates to improve your breathing difficulties. An examination will further diagnosis if this is necessary. Best regards,  Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Recommendations for rhinoplasty - dorsal hump + ???

+1

Looking at your photographs, I would suggest the following:

-open rhinoplasty (so that grafts can be placed as accurately as possible)

-reduction of dorsal convexity (bone and cartilage)

-deprojecting the nose (bringing the nose back slightly)

-keeping the rotation where it is so that a masculine profile is maintained

-slight reduction of nostril flare with alar base reduction

-straightening of the nose on frontal profile with medial and lateral osteotomies

-tip contouring to reduce bulbosity of nasal tip

-placement of spreader grafts on both sides of the septum to improve the airflow and breathing

If you are considering a rhinoplasty, you should try and maximize your result to create a nose that is as balanced and natural as possible for your face.

-Dr. Jamil Asaria, FACE Cosmetic Surgery, Toronto, Ontario

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Type Of Rhinoplasty Recommended

+1

Based on your photos and the description presented in your post, I believe that you could benefit from a multifaceted rhinoplasty.

In other words, you could benefit from:

• Narrowing the nasal dorsum
  • Eliminating the dorsal bump
  • Tip narrowing and reduction
  • Reshaping your elevated nostrils to be less flaring
  • Elevation of the columella

Please bear in mind that your facial masculine traits are to be conserved and so your procedure should be conservative. Your thick nasal skin sill be taken into consideration.

With that perspective, it is hard to provide you with a detailed solution without an in-person evaluation.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds as though you have a basic idea of what you would like to have done to enhace your appearance.  You should have an evaluation with one or more experienced surgeons to determine which potential options will provide the types of improvements you desire.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Good candidate for a rhinoplasty and septoplasty

+1

From your photographs it appears that you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty and septoplasty and possibly turbinate surgery to improve the shape of your nose and improve your nasal airway obstruction.  It appears that you have a dorsal nasal hump and an under projected nasal tip.  You would get both functional and cosmetic improvement of your nose with a rhinoplasty and septoplasty.  

Rhinoplasty Time

+1

If you are in good health, an experienced Rhinoplastic Surgeon will detail your needed surgery in order to improve your appearance and your nasal airway!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

What rhinoplasty changes will look the best

+1

The changes possible with a rhinoplasty are infinite, and you should prepare before with an idea of what you like and hope to see. After careful examination, we like to use computer imaging to 'try out' changes on your photos to get the clearest idea of the best fit for you, and then design the surgical approach to get there.

Recommendation in a rhinoplasty

+1

Before one jumps at recommendations, we need to evaluate the nose. This is done by performing a nasal analysis.

At the start, the columella lip angle is at the upper limit of normal for a man and even may be elevated. So care should be involved in preventing further elevation. The chin is a little weak making the nase and hump more prroeminent, and consideration for a chin implant should be made again. A nose analysis should help.

Obviously the hump should be reduced, by how much is influenced by patient wishes and whether or not a chin implant is placed. (more aggresssive resection if no implant is used)

The nose seems deviated to the left and after hump reduction and osteotomy attempt to place it midline should be made.

A septoplasty with spreader graft needs to be done to correct the airway.  

M. Vincent Makhlouf, MD, FACS