What Type of Procedure to Remove Loose Skin and Belly Fat?

Hello, I'm a 29 year old male. I have leftover belly fat and skin from my teens when I was 70lbs heavier than I am now (6' tall, 168lbs.. used to be 240lbs). I'm extremely active and have been able to trim my body down in all areas except around my waist. The fat in this area will shrink with heavy dieting but loose skin remains.. The area is also quick to "puff up" with fat if I'm not strict with my diet. I'm assuming abdonminoplasty is the procedure? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Loose skin is treated with surgery

+1

Yes, based on your pictures, you would be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck / abdominoplasty.  During this procedure, the excess skin will be removed and the underlying muscles tightened to make the abdomen / belly even flatter.  You should resist the temptation to have a "mini" tuck as this will not address your upper abdomen.

Good Luck.

Abdominoplasty

+1

Your posted photo shows excess skin above and below the level of the belly button. The good news is that there is no excess fat and the muscle does not look loose. The answer is as you guessed it abdominoplasty. Since you do not need liposuction or much if any muscle tightening the procedure and recovery time should be quicker than is usual.

The only advice is choose your surgeon carefully and make sure that your body weight has been stable for some months. If your weight is bouncing around 15 to 20+ pounds it is a better idea to wait before having surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD