What Type of Procedure Would I Need? My Cheekbones Are Very Low, How Can They Be Raised? (photo)

My cheeks are very low and I would like them to look somewhat like they do in the second picture where I am pulling one upwards. The lines around my mouth have always bothered my because they look so dark and I want something that will correct this. Also, the general prices of the procedure(s) recommended.

Volumizing Fillers Work Well for Cheek Augmentation

+2

There is no substitute for a face to face consultation. In general,, volumizing agents are a simple, quick and wonderful "Wow" way  for augmenting cheeks and softening smile lines around the nose and marionette lines extending down from the angles of the mouth. However, there are some general points that need to be kept in mind when dealing with individuals with naturally fuller, rounder faces or in those who have a few pounds to lose. In such cases, the injector has to be cautious in performing cheek augmentation so as not to create a "chipmunk"-like overall look. or to contribute to the appearance of too full a face.  To Avoid this only relatively small amounts should be artistically added to accent the cheeks.

When there are accompanying prononounced smile lines and marionette lines in such individuals, they can be treated with volumizing fillers, but here, too, extra care needs to be taken to soften the lines without pushing the adjacent cheeks too much up upward and outward to avoid accentuating the impression of a more full or rounded face. 

Defining Cheek Bones

+2

Defining cheek bones can mean different things for different patients. Essentially, there are a few main categories of issues:

• A support problem, where the cheek bones themselves are too flat. The solution here is a cheek implant or cheek fillers
  • A volume issue, which is more typical of older patients. The loss of skin volume leads to sagging, which creates deepending of folds and flattening of the cheek area. Volume addition whether with fillers, implants, or fat can solve the issue. Alternatively, midface lifting procedures can be a strategy, depending on a patient's exact anatomy.
  • A cheek issue, where the cheek fat is too prominent. This creates a roundness in the area which makes the cheeks look poorly defined. The solution here is buccal fat removal.

From your photos, you seem to have full cheeks, which overpower the cheek bones you have. Buccal fat excision and, potentially, filler into the nasolabial folds would give you the closest result to the photo submitted.

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Procedure Would I Need? My Cheekbones Are Very Low, How Can They Be Raised?

+1

The anterior cheeks are flat and there is evidence of Nasolabial folds.  The cheeks can be shaped aesthetically using Perlane, Radiesse or a similar filler or using Cheek Implants.  Be sure that the MD or plastic and cosmetic surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.

Cheek Elevation

+1

There are two options to make the cheek fuller. One is to fill it with fat or a filler such as Radiesse. The second is to surgically elevate it. This would achieve what you are doing in the second picture. Whether this would require a cheek lift, mid-face lift or facelift would require an examination. The cost would vary on what you choose.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Cheek bone correction

+1

Of course, you need an in office opinion to determine the exact procedure that should be done. However, with the photos given, you would benefit from a midface lift, cheek implants, and/or fillers (fat injections would be a good option).  All the best.

David Alessi, MD

Cheek lift and nasolabial folds prominence

+1

There are several procedures that can address your concerns. You can have fillers in order to give more fullness under your eyes and correct the nasolabial folds prominence. Surgically, midface lift or infraorbital implants and fat transfer could achieve a more long lasting results.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon