What Type of Nose Do I Have? (photo)

What type of nose do i have and what is the steps to make it shorter and upturned, as i think it will make straight. I did not have this droppy nose when i was younger (sorry for my bad english)

Nose Surgery Can Improve Your Concerns

+1

As one ages, one typically loses tip support.  As the tip drops the hump becomes accentuated.  Removing the hump and rotating or lifting the tip slightly not only improves the problems that you were born with but also the aging changes as well.  Good luck!

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to improve appearance of nose

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves removing a dorsal hump, which is composed of both bone and cartilage.  Once this has been performed, osteotomies will be required to narrow the nasal bones and close the open roof.  Lifting the tip can be accomplished with a combination of techniques that elevate the caudal septum.  Narrowing and refinement of the tip is performed with tip suturing techniques or cartilage removal, or a combination of both.  The rhinoplasty procedure is done as an outpatient procedure under a general anesthetic and usually takes between 1-2 hours.

Nose Type

+1

Leptorrhine noses have high dorsal bridges and relatively narrow alar bases.  Usually, the cartilaginous support anatomy is helpful for future rhinoplasty!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may be employed to reduce your profile hump, and rotate your droopy tip.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Your concerns about your droopy nose and curved profile may be addressed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. You may want to consult several rhinoplasty specialists to see what might be best for you.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty suggestions

+1

I would also add that your tip is under-projected, and you have a parenthesis deformity. I would recommend adding cartilage to the side walls to prevent collapse or a pinched appearance if you decide on rhinoplasty surgery.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

You also possibly have a low radix

+1

My colleagues have provided alot of very accurate answers. The only point I will add is that from the limited photos you've provided it appears that the upper-most portion of your nasal bridge is low. While the bump on the bridge needs to be reduced, you will likely also require a small cartilage graft to build up the radix and provide a straight nasal profile. This is commonly performed as part of a rhinoplasty or septorhinoplasty. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

From the image that you have presented you would, by aesthetic ideals, require reduction of the nasal hump (bone and cartilage), cephalic trims, and a columellar strut. More images would be necessary to be complete, but hopefully this helps you to find your answer.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

A rhinoplasty operation will reduce the size of your nasal hump and elevate your hanging tip. Additional pictures would be helpful. Go to my website for advice on what pictures to submit for a complete nasal evaluation.

What Type of Nose Do I Have?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, your nose has a large dorsal hump with a nasal tip that is under-rotated making it appear long.  A closed Rhinoplasty to remove the nasal hump (will require breaking the bones in order to close the open roof) as well as rotating the nasal tip.  I can't see the front of the nose to tell if the tip should be thinned as well during the Rhinoplasty.  If so, this would be done as well.

What Type of Nose Do I Have?

+1

You have a nose that needs in person evaluation/examination. Best to see a boarded rhinoplasty surgeon in your city. Over the internet with ONLY a side view posted very hard to give detailed responses. Best of luck